“Hot Food, Fast Service”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

First time trying this out seeing as it's quite a new food outlet here, have tried other Pizza Express restaurants at other locations so knew what sort of food to expect. As we got in there not long after it opened for lunch there were not many people in there so we got served very quickly, food was piping hot and lovely, I had the lasagne which was bubbling hot in its dish, lovely cappuccino. Not sure what it would be like though if we were to go there on a busy day, but we had a good experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was delighted with the service we received when visiting last week for my daughter's second birthday, my husband and I took her out for an early dinner at Pizza Express in the Galleria, Hatfield. We had not previously visited the restaurant & so thought we'd try it following a recommendation from a friend who has young children.

The waitress who greeted us was so friendly when we arrived, she found us a table near the window as requested and immediately brought a high chair and colouring in pack over to us.
She was very accommodating when I asked for a plastic cup & provided it with a straw. The chef then invited My daughter to cut out some animal dough shapes with him, giving her an apron & hat to wear. He was so warm and friendly, it made her birthday extra special!

Our food (including the baked shapes) was brought over to us promptly and with more smiles. I was further impressed by the baby changing facilities with a soft changing mat & mobile which my daughter loved. The children's pack provided was great fun & my daughter loved sticking the moustaches onto our faces.

We normally feel that we are 'tolerated' in most restaurants with a toddler in tow, but we were made to feel so welcome, it really made our day. The lovely Italian chef even came to say 'ciao' to us when he finished his shift. I have recommended the restaurant to my friends & will be sure to visit again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Service was absolutely shocking. It was packed out and there were only two main waitreses on the floor. My friend and I must have waited for around 45mins for our food it was a joke. And then a further 15mins to wait for anything else like the bill or just to get the attention of the staff. The food was average. The furnuture was quite tacky, all plasticy and for aflat drink It got served to me in a plastic tumblr as if I was a child. Bettet off going Harvester, at least you know what to expect there. Was a shame the service was so poor, was looking forward to a nice meal out! Dont go to the Chinese buffet place either btw thats a whole other poor review. Just gonna steer clear of Hatfield when I can help it.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Our orders were messed up and little was done to correct it, the manager was rude and patronizing. Would not go there again.

1  Thank wheelbara
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Ate here on Sunday lunch time with my daughter and her boyfriend, we ordered 3 starters, only two arrived and had to chase the third. We then waited 20 minutes before we asked where our mains were, 10 minutes later they arrived with a very weak apology about being short staffed. Not our problem and the hostess showing people to tables certainly had time to spend quite a lot of time talking with the waiters. Food was ok, have had better prepared pizzas in other Pizza Express restaurants and at £70 for lunch for 4 thought it was quite pricey.