“A VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY”

The Olde Kings Arms
Hemel Hempstead, Herts.
“A VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed overnight at this hotel/pub in early March. It's situated in the Old Town part of Hemel Hempstead. The double room was well appointed with en-suite facility. Very clean and tidy, the staff were friendly and very helpful. My partner and I were very well received. The bed was very comfortable. I would certainly return here.

If you are looking for a place in Hemel Hempstead for a short stay do consider The Old Kings Arms Strongly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
sheffield
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed in room 6 which was large clean and tidy. The shower was slow to drain but not really a problem. I had a few problems trying to sort out the flush on the toilet. Overall I found the accommodation to be value for money and a lot better than other b & b 's that I had stayed at in the area. I would use it again. Car park was to small.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Olde Kings Arms has apparently recently undergone a refurbishment. Whilst I can't say it's been entirely successful (the shower in my room had a tendency towards being slightly erratic, there was one tiny bin in the entire room), for the amount you're paying for the room it surely beats out staying at a Travelodge. The guy running the place (or at least behind the bar) was very attentive and helpful, the bed was comfortable and generally the room was nicely decorated and well-maintained. It's a little spartan, but I'd stay here again if I needed a room in Hemel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Definitely not as advertised. The bedroom ( room 1 ) was tiny, it stank of stale tobacco, the shower was filthy and mouldy, the toilet had not been cleaned after the last occupant had used it. Damp inside the wardrobe, and some very wiffy bedding. No car parking ( yet advertised as ) so we found a tiny spot to wedge our car in on a pavement by somebody's garden wall hoping not to get bumped. There was not even enough room to put our case ( a very small one ) on the floor of the bedroom.. The only good thing I can say , we were greeted by a very pleasant you man. Hence , we put the key in the bedroom door, picked up our case and walked.

Room Tip: Don't go there
Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bevr99
Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Booked via Internet. Took ages to find as road outside was closed for major roadworks. Managed to find a pavement at the back of the place to wedge car in. Greeted by fantastic young man who couldn't have done more to welcome us. When we were shown to our room, it stunk of stale tobacco. The toilet was dirty, the shower black with mould. The walk in wardrobe had rising damp in it and the wall paper was hanging off. There were cheap air fresheners hanging everywhere to try to combat the stench. My wife nearly cried, so after a quick drink in the bar, and listening to all the bad language by the locals, I decided to leave immediately. I did not ask for my £50 back, as I didn't want to cause any trouble. I strongly advise you avoid this establishment at all costs. If it is an emergency, sleep in your car. A really dreadful place. Filthy rooms, an awful pong of stale tobacco and damp, and badly mis described on their website.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RobRees
warrington
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This guy has totally tranformed this place into a very welcoming comfortable and value for money establishment with fantastic food - well done - room 7 was fantastic Local pubs were OK but this was only a short business trip so I didn't have time to try local facilities

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Lovely, welcoming place. The room we had was clean and well decorated, quite small but perfect for our one night stay. Food was delicious and very well priced. The barman was great, very helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if in the area

• Stayed February 2014