Had a 1 night Saturday night stay as we were attending a wedding nearby so didn't really get to spend any time in the hotel, bar etc.
Room 4 was "compact" but very clean with everything in it your need. Looked liked it had been recently decorated. Nice en suite as well.
Breakfast was excellent with good quality food, the guy serving (we assume the owner) made us feel very at home and was very pleasant.
I believe parking could be a problem but we were extremely lucky and managed to park on our return late Sat night on the main road opposite the hotel. Not sure if we were lucky in not getting a ticket.
Without wanting to put the place down I think there were some very minor points that would have made me change from "very good" to "excellent"
1) there was only 1 roll of toilet paper in the bathroom (that had already been started and no spare), could have been a problem!
2) there were no glasses in the bathroom or in the room. There was tea/ coffee making facilities so we used the cups.
3) no quilt on bed or in room, as it was we did not require one as the weather was very hot but as we returned after 1am to the room if one was required it could have been a problem.
4) could not get TV remote to work but this could have been me.
5) check out is at 10am, if this could be stretched to 11am on Sundays it would be great.
Even though we only used the room overnight I would recommend this hotel as it did have a really nice feel to it and if in the area again would use it again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Olde Kings Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Olde Kings Arms Hotel Hemel Hempstead