“Snowboard Lessons Levels 1-5” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Snow Centre

The Snow Centre
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Snowboard Lessons Levels 1-5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of the instructors at the Snow Centre for their expert tuition and patience with helping me to pass my Level 5 Snowboarding lesson and gain confidence on the main slope. As a complete beginner (and someone without much in the way of co-ordination and balance!) it hasn't been an easy journey but on the whole the instructors were brilliant and very much let me learn at my own pace.

I was especially lucky to have booked onto several group lessons where I ended up being the only participant (during the summer) and felt that the one on one lessons really helped me to gain confidence, thanks particularly for the great tuition from Lee and Chris. Personally I found the teaching styles of the male instructors I had to be better suited to me and unfortunately found that Yvonne and Ali became quite impatient with me when I was struggling at times but think that was just down to being in quite large groups where they didn't have the time to support me individually

Overall a great learning experience and I'll definitely be back for skills improvement and further practice very soon!

Pete G, Manager at The Snow Centre, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Lucy_031990

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

Really pleased to read how we have been a part of your learning journey and achievement. Well done and we hope you continue to learn with us.

I hope we see you again at The Snow Centre soon.

Best regards

Pete

Pete Gillespie
Head of Snowsports / Guest services
ISIA ski Pro

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Beginners snowboard lesson with Sarah Mills ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Being ever so slightly long in the tooth (51), I decided that there's no better time to learn to snowboard before an upcoming skiing trip to France in Feb.
I have to say that I had previously tried boarding in courchevel but without instruction, opting for the "I can do that,it looks easy approach ".
After 3 hours spent on my backside I reverted to skis.
So fast forward almost 10 years and older bones, I was very surprised to be hitting level 3 after just two hours Of Sarah Mills tuition.
Excellent instructions throughout the lesson would have earned this review 5 stars but for the fact that the carpet lift wasn't working!!! No fault of Sarah of course.
The facilities were good and all the staff were very helpful, especially Natasha on equipment hire.
A post lesson debrief and complementary drink of one's choice drew a close to a great 1st go. I shall of course go back to complete lesson 5 before my up coming trip.. £55 of great group value I'd say.

Visited January 2017
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun indoor slope”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great indoor slope for a few hours.

I went to refresh my skills boarding before heading abroad on holiday. I was pleasantly surprised by the centre. Very easy to get started and a nice slope with button lifts. Worth going for a play around!

“Private snowboard lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Russell and Eliza had a private one hour lesson with Caleb Fields, a refresher after a year since learning last year. Caleb was perfect, building confidence in two rusty snowboarders.
Eliza is only 9 but Caleb struck a prefect note with her, just right.
I would recommend him to anyone at any level!!

Visited January 2017
“ Skills development session”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lots of useful drills and tips at a midweek skills development session this week. And at an attractive price. Thanks Dave.