“Ski Lesson, Level 5 for 7 year old” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Snow Centre
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ski Lesson, Level 5 for 7 year old”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great facilities for an inside ski slope, but a bit difficult to get to with public transport and not much else to do in the area. Glasgow has an indoor ski slope near an ice rink, shopping center and climbing park with soft play etc.. if you only want skiing and only compare to other indoor skiing places, it is very good! My daughter enjoyed the 2 hours ski lesson, but there was not much feedback given how to progress. It is ideal to remind you or your ski skills before you go on a skiing trip.

Hi hkeiler

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

Glad to read you had a positive visit to our facility. We are more of a dedicated snowsports environment rather than shopping venue although we do have Snow and Rock downstairs and a great Alpine themed restaurant.

I hope we see you again at The Snow Centre soon.

“Ski Lesson”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The facilities were good, but my one on one lesson was disappointing.
No feedback given and no advice on how to progress

Hi John B

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

Disappointing to read you did not enjoy your lesson. Did you speak to one of our duty managers at the time? We can normally find a positive outcome if we are given the feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly peter.gillespie@thesnowcentre.com

I hope we see you again at The Snow Centre.

Pete Gillespie
Head of Snowsports / Guest services
ISIA ski Pro
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Snowboard Lessons Levels 1-5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of the instructors at the Snow Centre for their expert tuition and patience with helping me to pass my Level 5 Snowboarding lesson and gain confidence on the main slope. As a complete beginner (and someone without much in the way of co-ordination and balance!) it hasn't been an easy journey but on the whole the instructors were brilliant and very much let me learn at my own pace.

I was especially lucky to have booked onto several group lessons where I ended up being the only participant (during the summer) and felt that the one on one lessons really helped me to gain confidence, thanks particularly for the great tuition from Lee and Chris. Personally I found the teaching styles of the male instructors I had to be better suited to me and unfortunately found that Yvonne and Ali became quite impatient with me when I was struggling at times but think that was just down to being in quite large groups where they didn't have the time to support me individually

Overall a great learning experience and I'll definitely be back for skills improvement and further practice very soon!

Visited December 2016
Hi Lucy_031990

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

Really pleased to read how we have been a part of your learning journey and achievement. Well done and we hope you continue to learn with us.

I hope we see you again at The Snow Centre soon.

Pete Gillespie
Head of Snowsports / Guest services
ISIA ski Pro
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Beginners snowboard lesson with Sarah Mills ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Being ever so slightly long in the tooth (51), I decided that there's no better time to learn to snowboard before an upcoming skiing trip to France in Feb.
I have to say that I had previously tried boarding in courchevel but without instruction, opting for the "I can do that,it looks easy approach ".
After 3 hours spent on my backside I reverted to skis.
So fast forward almost 10 years and older bones, I was very surprised to be hitting level 3 after just two hours Of Sarah Mills tuition.
Excellent instructions throughout the lesson would have earned this review 5 stars but for the fact that the carpet lift wasn't working!!! No fault of Sarah of course.
The facilities were good and all the staff were very helpful, especially Natasha on equipment hire.
A post lesson debrief and complementary drink of one's choice drew a close to a great 1st go. I shall of course go back to complete lesson 5 before my up coming trip.. £55 of great group value I'd say.

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun indoor slope”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great indoor slope for a few hours.

I went to refresh my skills boarding before heading abroad on holiday. I was pleasantly surprised by the centre. Very easy to get started and a nice slope with button lifts. Worth going for a play around!

Visited December 2016