“Ok for learning but very expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Snow Centre

The Snow Centre
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Ok for learning but very expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Have skied here twice. Once was part of a course that had the centre fees included. This time we paid the fees and were unhappily surprised at the cost. 2 hours which seems to be the minimum period was £48. Obviously people can afford this as it was packed. The place is ok for beginners or a quick refresher session, but gets very busy at peek times (most of the time at this time of year). Snow patrol people were a bit slow to get the drag lifts going again when people fell over. I think they need more of them. Although it didn't affect me directly, the most annoying thing of the visit was watching an instructor repeatedly ski down with his student with his hands clutched in close to his chest... not really setting a good example!

Hi MatthewA386

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

We are now in the peak season and just like an Alpine resort the slopes will be busy. During the summer months we offer a monthly pass for £69 ( 2016 price) for unlimited use with I think you will agree is great value.

It is very likely our instructor was working on a specific drill to develop core body stability. I know if you asked him / her they would be only to happy to explain various drills they use and for what reason.

Hope to see you on the slopes in the quieter period.

Watford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Snowboard Skills Development”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I attend Skills Development almost on a weekly basis, all of the instructors (Rob/ Charlie Needham, Kieth Chapman and Dave Thompson) help to give a variety of skills that allow people of varying skill levels to all take part in the session. Not only do they help you get the skills needed to further progress your riding, it also offers a really sociable environment due to people who attend on a regular basis along with new members who are always accepted.

Visited December 2016
2 Thank Luke K
Hi Luke K

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

Great to read how these coaching sessions are developing and creating a great learning environment. The coaches are really committed and passionate about running these sessions.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ski Lesson, Level 5 for 7 year old”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Great facilities for an inside ski slope, but a bit difficult to get to with public transport and not much else to do in the area. Glasgow has an indoor ski slope near an ice rink, shopping center and climbing park with soft play etc.. if you only want skiing and only compare to other indoor skiing places, it is very good! My daughter enjoyed the 2 hours ski lesson, but there was not much feedback given how to progress. It is ideal to remind you or your ski skills before you go on a skiing trip.

Hi hkeiler

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

Glad to read you had a positive visit to our facility. We are more of a dedicated snowsports environment rather than shopping venue although we do have Snow and Rock downstairs and a great Alpine themed restaurant.

“Ski Lesson”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

The facilities were good, but my one on one lesson was disappointing.
No feedback given and no advice on how to progress

Hi John B

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

Disappointing to read you did not enjoy your lesson. Did you speak to one of our duty managers at the time? We can normally find a positive outcome if we are given the feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly peter.gillespie@thesnowcentre.com

I hope we see you again at The Snow Centre.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Snowboard Lessons Levels 1-5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of the instructors at the Snow Centre for their expert tuition and patience with helping me to pass my Level 5 Snowboarding lesson and gain confidence on the main slope. As a complete beginner (and someone without much in the way of co-ordination and balance!) it hasn't been an easy journey but on the whole the instructors were brilliant and very much let me learn at my own pace.

I was especially lucky to have booked onto several group lessons where I ended up being the only participant (during the summer) and felt that the one on one lessons really helped me to gain confidence, thanks particularly for the great tuition from Lee and Chris. Personally I found the teaching styles of the male instructors I had to be better suited to me and unfortunately found that Yvonne and Ali became quite impatient with me when I was struggling at times but think that was just down to being in quite large groups where they didn't have the time to support me individually

Overall a great learning experience and I'll definitely be back for skills improvement and further practice very soon!

Visited December 2016
Hi Lucy_031990

Thank you for posting your review of The Snow Centre.

Really pleased to read how we have been a part of your learning journey and achievement. Well done and we hope you continue to learn with us.