“Hot!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Hot!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very attractive venue in Old Town. Quite small so need to book. Excellent food but on the "hot" side so wise to ask waiters. Good service and nice house red

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GJazayeri

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Very nice....”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a Wednesday and it was very busy so would recommend that a table is booked. The food was very tasty, hot and authentically Thai.

1 Thank jillybacon
Watford, United Kingdom
“Delicious & unique”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

A small restaurant in a lovely 2 floor oak beamed building. It is cosy, not many tables so do book. We had a seafood platter (tasty but small as you may expect) to share then Thai roast duck and beef red curry. The sauce on the duck was not what we expected. It was creamy and we didn't like it, we felt it should have stated this on menu. If you like creamy sauces you may enjoy it. The red curry beef was excellent as was the pad Thai: absolutely delicious!!! Everything was reasonably priced including house wine by the glass. The red was good. We were offered free drinks after the meal. Polite and friendly service. We will go back! A convenient carpark across the road!

1 Thank Gemmador
Herts
“It is a great restaurant, but the chilli was a little powerful on this visit”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We thoroughly enjoy our visits here; great value and superb service but on this occasion the dishes had more chilli in than usual (and some were like for like dishes). The adjacent table reflected similarly. I reckon it was just a slight blip and we will certainly be returning shortly.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 5_9_2_8
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I visit this restaurant with my partner and my family regularly - my favourite restaurant in the Hemel area! The waiters are simply lovely, you are always made to feel at home, and let's face it we all love to be recognised and welcomed when you walk into a restaurant you frequent! The food is stunning, and if you're taking the family out for a treat I would recommend the Banquet nights which are Sunday and Monday; only £10 a head for a starter, main dish, rice or noodle, vegetable dish and tea/coffee afterwards, it really is amazing value. We can never finish all of the food though! Luckily enough, the waiters are all extremely helpful and friendly, and always offer to box up any food we leave.

I would recommend the "Kao Phad Kai" (the fragrant egg fried rice) and the mixed starter. The chicken Massuman (chicken, potatoes, vegetables, peanuts) is my favourite main dish, I would say great for someone who doesn't fancy something spicy!

The only downside to ChiangMai is that they don't deliver - probably a good thing for my waistline though, I would be ordering from them every other night haha!

1 Thank Hemelfoodie10