“A very excellent surprise birthday lunch!”
Review of Restaurant 65 - CLOSED

Restaurant 65
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hemel Hempstead
“A very excellent surprise birthday lunch!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My wife and daughter arranged a surprise lunch with family and friends for my birthday at my favourite local bistro. We took over the whole restaurant and, as always, Grant and Gina did us proud. Excellent food, immaculate service and presentation - what more can you ask. Everyone was impressed and a good time was had by all. Thanks very much.

• Visited March 2013

Maybole, United Kingdom
“prepare to be annoyed by their newsletters!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We got a special voucher for a discounted meal at this place through one of our local radio stations some months ago.

Unfortunately I opted for booking a table through email. The reservation went OK, but then what could go wrong since there were only about 3 other couples in the place (probably everyone else had figured out what this place is like!) and although the service was quite good, the quality of the meal was only average. Nothing to write home about and no complaints.

Ever since we visited, "Gary" has been sending emails about their specials this, specials that. I have replied several times asking to be taken off the email list as I never requested to receive regular emails. No success. I have sent another reply tonight threatening to sue them for harassment. Well, I doubt this is going to do the trick. And I won't spend the money in the end, but I am wondering whether they will wake up???

All they have achieved is definitely putting me off going there ever again. If you are looking for an excellent meal and great atmosphere in Hemel, rather consider "The Greek" just down the road where you'll be treated like a family friend every time.

Don't bother with Restaurant 65, waste of time. (Please note: time of visit is approximate, I know it was end of last year, but I may be out by a month or so).

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kerstin M
“I didn't thought you could have such good foor in a UK restaurant”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We had a excellent surprise with this place, the food was really good and the service perfect.
Wine was good too.
Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“The Best In Hemel Hempstead”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Always consistent and good value for the quality of food.and a good selection of quality wines.How Grant Head Chef and owner can turn out such lovely dishes in such a small kitchen is fantastic !.Keep up the great great food, Neil & Linda.

Visited January 2013
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Restaurant 65 deserves to FAIL!”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

On 19th December 2012 I telephoned at approx 6.15pm to book a table for two for lunch on Sunday 30th December for 12.30 pm. I left my name and a contact tel. no. and a male voice confirmed the table was now booked for us.
Upon arriving at the restaurant at 12.35 pm on 30th December, we saw a 'Closed' notice on the door but some lights were on inside. I had to hammer on the door with my fist several times before a woman opened the door to say they were closed. I informed her I had made a prior booking, and her reply was that she knew nothing of it and would I like to speak to the manager/owner. He also denied knowing anything about the booking, nor did he seem concerned enough to discover who had taken the booking. He apologised and offered a free bottle of wine if we chose to return some other time.We have NO intention of ever returning there, and I will ensure all my family and friends are aware of the episode.
If after my booking it was decided not to open on Sunday 30th December it would have been common courtesy to telephone me.

• Visited December 2012