“restaurent 65 Hemel Hempstead”
Review of Restaurant 65 - CLOSED

Restaurant 65
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is a small restaurent run by a couple . There is a limited but enjoyable menu. A 3 course evening meal costs £27.50. It also features a 2 for 1 meal if you are atelegraph subscriber

There are newer reviews for Restaurant 65

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We returned after being invited back by the owner grant, we were welcomed by a very pleasant waitress,and seated, we were given time to look at the wine list we ordered hooley Dooley red 2009 very nice! We were given plenty of time to decide what we wanted for our meal,I had the mackerel pâté delicious full of flavour my husband the aubagine and goats cheese again delicious , the main meal was equally as nice, plenty of flavours piping hot and nicely presented, our desert which my husband enjoyed but I would have liked a little sweeter, was very exceptable.
I look forward to returning

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We visited this restaurant on a Groupon offer which made it £35 for 2 people (3 courses and a glass of prosecco each). I think this was excellant value for the quality of food received, however, I don't think I would return and pay full price.

The atmosphere was nice and cosy as it was freezing outside!

The menu was quite limited, which again considering the offer was fine, however, if I was paying full price I would perhaps expect more choice. All the food recieved was of a very good quality and tasty. The also makes your try new dishes that you perhaps wouldn't choose otherwise which is a good thing.

The service was prompt and efficient, we didn't feel like we were being rushed and were able to enjoy our meal at a leisurly pace.

Nice to visit a little restaurant that isn't part of a chain!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

we visited for dinner this evening and found it very enjoyable. The host was pleasant and welcoming. The menu, although not a wide choice was good and what I ordered was tasty and very pleasant. the drinks were nice and reasonably priced, we had Prosecco, which was under £5 a glass. for the main I had pork belly and it was possibly the best I have ever had !!

1  Thank 412alan
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We joined some friends for dinner at this restaurant and we were looking forward to it. Entering the restaurant, you’re presented with a cosy atmosphere which usually goes hand in hand with simple but lovingly cooked dishes. Our waitress was very welcoming and lovely, just what we hoped for. I had the risotto for my starter which looked great when it arrived but the flavors were a few notches below the presentation. I was expecting the pow’s of tarragon, Parmesan, and pesto but it didn’t quite do it for me. I had the chicken for my main course and it was a lot tastier although a little dry, the red cabbage was delicious! The service was great and the dishes came out relatively quickly. All in all, a good night out.