“A good place for a great meal and a good experience”
Review of Restaurant 65 - CLOSED

Restaurant 65
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I went there on a deal and not only was the meal excellent but the staff and Chef's were "spot on" with an open kitchen, By the way that is open viewing and speaking to the Chef's when then were not cooking "flat out" not going into the Kitchen to help :).

Because the location is some what "compact and bijou" depending on which table you are placed it feels almost like a Chef's Table.

The real test is always, "would you want to go back again yourself?" and "would you recommend it to friends?" Well on both counts a resounding yes and we have made recommendations.

Keep up the good work and look forward o our next visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I happened across Restaurant 65 completely by accident as I was staying close by and looking for a nice place to go to dinner with my girlfriend. I was surprised by just how good the food was, and how attentive the service was.

I understand the head chef has been through The Ivy and several Michelin-starred kitchens and it's fair to say that his experience shows. He cares about the food being put in front of you, with two excellent fish mains, and a couple of starters (including a special Pork Kofte) which all rank alongside some of the best food I've eaten recently.

It was with a sense of sadness that I learned the restaurant is to close on 1st March, with the owner selling it to the Moroccan place that adjoins it. If this place existed closer to London and/or less off-the-beaten-track I'd like to think it would've developed a loyal following. Certainly I would've returned.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We haven't eaten here for many months, which is by no means a reflection on the standard of food or service, more a point of us overlooking it.

We went on a Wednesday and used our Tastecard, which makes this restaurant exceptional value for money.

We were given an amuse bouche of Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash and Thai Spices. Delightful!

For starters my husband opted for the Seared Mackerel, I had the Roasted Portabello Mushroom. Both arrived within good time, wonderfully presented and a delicious combination of flavours.

For mains we both had the Roasted Chicken Breast. Again beautiful presentation and great tasting. My husband doesn't eat greens, but even he ate the savoy cabbage!

Thank you Grant, your passion is still thriving.

Once again, there were only another 2 tables occupied whilst we were there. Yes it's a bit more pricey than other restaurants in the town, but Restaurant 65 really is something special, and is one on it's own in terms of any competition. I urge you all to try it, if you appreciate fine dining English cuisine AND the fact this restaurant allows you to use your tastecard makes it very affordable.

We won't leave it so long next time.

1  Thank SoulfulMinx
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My partner and I went here for Valentine's Day.
Although the restaurant is not very big it has a lovely ambiance and the staff are very welcoming and professional.
When we arrived we were given a glass of pink champagne and while waiting for the starter were presented with an "amuse bouche" of Mushroom and Herb soup which was very tasty. The flavours of all our dishes were excellent and presented nicely.
We are looking forward to visiting again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited this restaurant for the first time at the beginning of February and it did not disappoint. It was the first time we had been out for dinner since the birth of our daughter at the end of 2012 so we wanted it to be special. We chose here as it was local to us and we have walked passed it may times and commented how nice it looked. Our expectations were high but they were exceeded. We went all out and had 3 great courses. It is not cheap but with the fantastic food and service you will not care. We will return. With every course I received it felt like I was a judge on master chef.