“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Plough

The Plough
Cuisines: Bar, International, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This resturant has everything you need for a perfect meal, the service is friendly, fast and helpful. The food is out of this world, tasty isn't the word, I had tom yum soup to start and asked if they could make it extra hot, they didn't disappoint me, it was amazing. There is a large selection of meals and can't wait to try them all, I went here for my birthday and I am glad I did. Only thing that is a bit disappointing is that it's quite expensive when not using the Taste card.

• Visited July 2014

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Yummy Thai!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited here as a family of 4 on a sunny Sunday afternoon so we were one of 2 tables seated in the restaurant - couldn't fault the service. Starters came out within good time, 2 different mixed platters all very enjoyable and hot - just could have done with larger servings of sauces etc. Mains were all of a very high quality despite being told at the start I couldn't have my dish as they had no papaya. Beware - when the menu states slightly spicy or spicy that it will be! Used the Tastecard so turned out to be a very cheap meal but extremely enjoyable.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Thai, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited the Plough and Dragon for dinner mid week with the taste card offer, so good value for money

The waitress who served us seemed very inexperienced and when I asked for a white wine spritzer she looked very confused, and when drinks were brought to us my wine was without the lemonade. When I asked again for spritzer she sent the manager over, who I had to explain the concept to. Never ever experienced a pub waitress who doesn't know what a spritzer is!!

It then took a long while for our order to be taken, and quite a while for all the courses to be made/brought to us (the chef brought the dessert to us!) and there were only 2 other tables seated so would dread to think what it is like when busy.

The atmosphere was somewhat lacking, and the pub area isn't very modern, and lacked any kind of charm.

The food itself was nice, although my chicken and cashew nut dish was quite bland. My boyfriends curry was lovely.

Probably would order delivery to get the food but wouldn't necessarily rush back for the service,

• Visited May 2014
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Nice location, tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have visited the Plough and Dragon twice now in the last month, and both times I have been suitably impressed. The restaurant itself if warm and welcoming, and has a very nice decor, the staff are polite and attentive. The food comes out at good intervals between courses, and is hot and very tasty as well. I am not one for spicy food, but the non spicy dishes are lovely and you can tell that the ingredients are fresh here.

Fantastic for a night out of a celebration

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank PaulD1701
Stotfold, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My first experience with Thai food and it was fantastic!

My partner and I had the "Grand Palace" Which is a 4 course set menu. Everything was fantastic, very tasty! The food is presented so beautifully too.

The service is fantastic, very friendly and quick.

Have been back a couple of times and will be returning soon.

Also - if you have a TasteCard you can get 50% off, Bonus!!

• Visited March 2014