“Great local Indian restaurant”
Review of The Sitar

The Sitar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The food s always great quality and the service is excellent. We even had Christmas dinner here! Banquet night on Mondays is very good value. Great for takeaways too!

2  Thank AllieJLondon14

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Sunday - Tuesday night the Sitar does a really good bargain, pick any starter, main, veg and rice or nan for about £11.
Food is always good, and the staff seem attentive and happy to help. The car park next door is free of an evening. Kids feel at home, and they were happy for us to split meals between two plates when they were smaller. Hemel is full of curry houses, but we never go elsewhere - Sitar is great.

2  Thank Turnyb
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited on a Saturday night. It was quite quiet, but I put that down to World Cup football. Poppadum's were crisp and the condiments OK. For a main I had a Garlic Begun King Prawn which I have never had before but it sounded nice and was not too spicy. Other had a Lamb Dansak and Chicken Tikka which they shared. With rice and side dishes, soft drinks and 1 beer the whole lot came to £60 with tip.

Rather liked the place and would go back

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As my local Indian restaurant, I eat here regularly - both in the restaurant and take away - and am always impressed by the quality of the food. Needless to say we've sampled various dishes, starters, sides, etc over the years and it's always delicious. There's a wide variety of choice, and the food is hot, tasty, and great quality. As for the service, all I can say is that it is exceptional. You always get a friendly welcome to this excellent restaurant, especially from the owners, and the food certainly won't disappoint!

2  Thank KatieW19
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have just had a takeaway delivered from this restaurant and I feel totally ripped off. Having eaten there twice before and thoroughly enjoyed it, i was very much looking forward to the food. We ordered a chicken dish, a mixed dish and Monkfish dish. The chicken was totally overcooked and unpleasant to eat- very dry. The mixed dish consisted of more dry chicken and 4 pieces of chewy lamb. The worst part was the Monkfish it cost £11.95- it was the smallest main portion i have ever seen- the fish was again over cooked and rubbery. I rang the restaurant hoping to speak to somebody sympathetic. The guy I got on the phone almost laughed, he said 'There is nothing to say' No apology, just a attitude problem. I told him we wouldn't be ordering from there again then, he didn't seem to care less. What a shame they just lost my custom.

3  Thank Lois S