“Menu misleading”

Three Blackbirds
Ranked #54 of 158 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
England
“Menu misleading”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

As a pretty regular diner here a friend and I went to eat for the 2 meals for £9 tonight (bargain). I chose the lamb and mint pie, which for all intents and purposes was on the two for £9 menu and was told it wasn't. So, I had to change my order although neither of us could see that it wasn't included :(

• Visited April 2013

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

A Great Pub pub in Boxmoor which is a very scenic location in hemel Hempstead- the food here is very good and so cheap - you can get a meal and a drink for £5.00

Visited February 2013
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“great pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

with most pubs going down the Gastro-pub route, it was refreshing to see good old pub grub on the menu here. We popped in for a drink on a busy saturday night before going on to eat elsewhere, it had been a quite a few years since my last visit and I was surprised to see tables set out for dining in half the pub. the pub was busy, loud and lively - which is great to see especially as most pubs are near empty these days. for me, the atmosphere was not the type i'd enjoy eating in but there were a few couples and groups dining so maybe i'm just fussy! we enjoyed a couple of drinks then left, then the next day my wife suggested that we go back to the Blackbirds for lunch having seen the menu the night before. I was very surprised by this as the food was typical pub grub at knockdown prices, in a proper pub setting... my wife is very, very fussy about where she eats but I drove us down there before she had a chance to change her mind. we arrived at midday on a Sunday and ordered baguettes immediately, we didnt have to wait long for our order. I was offered an extra sausage in my breakfast baguette to make up for the egg i'd asked to be left out and it was gratefully received - I was stuffed by the time I finished my baguette even though I had previously frowned at the slightly small portion of chips that accompanied it. i'd use this pub again over local cafes if I was just after a baguette and chips etc as quality and price were both great.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ReAlly impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Really impressed with the whole experience lovely food and great service. The pub has a lot to offer for both kids and big kids, the variety of food was very good as well.

“Cheap an cheerful!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

The menu is pretty good with a lot to choose from. It offers great value for money and the food was quick to arrive.
Friendly staff and overall a pleasant experience.
Would go again.