“yummy!”

Ristorante Alberto
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Independent Italian Restaurant. Real Italian food prepared fresh on the premises (including dessert) by our Sicilian chef and his team. We specialise in meat, fish, game, pasta, vegetarian and vegan. We have an excellent selection of premium Italian wine. We are the only restaurant offering genuine Italian food in the region, and you can taste the quality.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Our party of four enjoyed lovely starter, main course & desert. We all had something different from the menu & all of us commented on its taste quality - I ordered an old favourite 'Steak Diane' which was not on the menu but Alberto agreed to have it made for me. The only slight moan is that your main meat meal does not come with vegetables, these have to be paid for separately. Cost including drinks was £35 per head and included a tip.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Turned up to be told running late so go and get a drink at the nearest bar!!!! When went back we were given the smallest table , had to wait an hour for our starters when we asked about them , we were told don't worry and then they asked what our order was . We use to love this place but now they don't care about customer service . We won't be back . Do yourself a favour and go to St. Albans xx

3  Thank LornaLLP
Reviewed 31 January 2014

as a family we have been going here for years, you can't beat the friendly service and lovely meals!

last time i came was wednesday 29th january for my dads birthday meal and i was happy to find the standard was still high!

we all had different meals, and they were all exceptional! especially my starter which i got off the special board- prawns wrapped in salmon- it was so yummy!

a big thank you to this restaurant for keeping up the great service! you wont find a waiter like him anywhere- always cracking jokes and making us smile!

will continue to return for years to come

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Once again, a splendid time was had by all - over 20 of us - for our little get together. The staff are friendly, efficient and welcoming; the chicken livers are to die for. Thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I lived and worked in Rome, Italy until I retired. My son lives in Hemel Hempstead and took me to dine at Alberto's.
The food is authentic, yet adapted to English taste. Alberto is always around to play "mine host" and to ensure that the service is upt to standard (i.e excellent).
I ordered liver with onions which was perfectly cooked. My partner had fish which was similarly cooked perfectly.
The wine on offer was well chosen and sensibly priced.
I cant wait to visit my son again - he says we will celebrate his birthday at Alberto's.

1  Thank Douglas W