“Deserves more, perfect location with best service.”

The Watermill Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We went to attend a friend' s wedding and it didn' t dissapoint the service and food was first class. Wished we could stay longer and enjoy the greenery and location.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed here October for one night
Put in the block on the left from the reception, room a little worse for ware shower not good at all but the noise from the water pump was something else I was woken up at 2am by this banging from someone flushing there toilet...so ok it's not the ritz but this was £85.00 a night
Anyway next morning do I complain or not I go to check out and I am gob smacked when the guy says that's £110.00 please drinks on top of the room cost and shows me the signiture for the drinks I said I don't think so it's not my writing and the guy stood next to me says that's me lol. So then I start to tell this assistant manager my complaint and he just takes my money hello anyway I got 30% off the price and I won't be going back

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stay at this hotel in september 2011
Rooms are good and clean.
Breackfast staff no good as they did not speak english or they dont like serving the customers properly. Breackfast room very dirty.
Reception staff were very bad training, unfriendly and no manager around to complain and, not enough with this, when I return to my room I see a supervisor indian lady screamen to the lady who was checking the rooms.
The rooms are very nice and clean. If you are the manageress, please you do not need to scream and better keep attention to reception and breackfast room.
I recomending this hotel because the rooms are clean but other areas are not customer friendly,

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The overall experience was not great, Attitude of some of the male staff did not make me feel at all welcome.
A smile would have helped in welcome.
Restaurant service and friendliness was very good.
Bar staff were very good and again I felt welcome.
I beleive the management are the ones who need training in manners and friendliness.
I apologise for being so blunt, but I would seriously doubt if I would use the hotel again.
I stay in hotels at least 3 times a week, but use mostly Inter Continental Hotel group.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The location is really good but the rooms are only alright. The room we were given was rather small and did not live up to the photos on the internet. The staff were friendly enough but you just got the feeling that they were just there to earn a living and weren't particularly hospitality orientated. In addition the mattress on our bed might as well have been on the floor; it was extremely soft to the extent that when we sat on it we were practically on the floor! But that said it was clean which is a huge plus and the pub across the road served good foor and the staff were excellent.

Room Tip: Clean and good pub across the road but maybe shop around
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed here on a room only basis and found it practical and comfortable. It has a nice outlook onto the river and the watermill wheel is still in existance. Has facilities for events like weddings including a marque. Fairly basic but if you just want a clean bed and a convenient base then more than adequate. Only slight downside was the parking - I stayed in the week and there were a lot of vans in the carpark, some of which were not always parked that well within bays, which meant when I returned to the hotel later in the evening it was quite hard to find somewhere to park - the hotel appears not to have enough parking for the number of rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank pinklebunny
Reviewed 21 July 2011

A single night Business stay.
Average room, chilly, no heat. Tiny TV with 3 channels. Water gurgling through the heating system all night, and plenty of road noise from out front. The bed was not the most comfortable that I've experienced.

Good food across the street. Internet connection very low and not reliable.

OK for a one night stay, but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business