Dreadful start to a 2 night stay. The postcode, on my booking confirmation, was wrong. I called the hotel and they could not give me directions but gave me an alternative postcode. I arrived after a further 10 minute drive. There were 2 fairly small carparks, which were full. So I had to park in the overflow carpark in a very muddy field (so muddy that my car wheels span and threw mud all over the car). The walk to the hotel with no lighting, with my case and on a slippery slope was an accident waiting to happen. UNACCEPTABLE - sorry!
The bedroom was pleasant but very cold (not a problem for me, but would be for some). However, it was in a separate block to the reception areas. I was 3 rooms in from the entrance which was open to anyone to walk in. I didn't really feel that safe. There was a lot of noise from the road and the bedroom walls seemed paper thin (I was a little worried when neighbours arrived and I could hear everything, but this turned out not to be a problem, fortunately).
Breakfast on Monday morning was mediocre (small choice of food, had to order cooked but there was no one around to take the order). Breakfast was good on Tuesday, more choice and a cooked buffet...rather odd.
Needless to say, I would not return and am unlikely to book another Best Western!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermill Hotel, one of the finest modern Hotels in Hemel Hempstead is built around an old flour mill and offers excellent accommodations in Hemel Hempstead with a panoramic view of River Bulbourne threading through the property. Experience a serene, Old World retreat from bustling city life in this picturesque modern hotel. A convenient getaway venue with plenty of spacious free car parking. Watermill also offers wonderful amenities and hospitality for a relaxing stay, with convenient access to the area's tourist, industrial and commercial centres. Our hotel in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire include 71 tastefully appointed rooms, several with beautiful views of the lush green meadows and the River Bulbourne. A blend of refined luxury and and refreshing tranquility is sure to romance both leisure and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Watermill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Watermill
- Hemel Hempstead Best Western
- Best Western Hemel Hempstead