“A good night sleep”

The Watermill Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Booked two rooms for 4th March. Phoned the hotel we are going to be late. Thats not a problem booked in after 9pm staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice and clean. Had one of the best nights sleep in a hotel for a long time. Location is nice and quiet not far from Hemel Hempstead. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Would stay at The Watermill next time

Room Tip: Our rooms were in the front not far from the road, bit it was still very quiet of a night. rooms 13...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
watermillhotel, Manager at The Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear tinman48,
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience. I am glad to hear you liked the room, and enjoyed your night’s sleep here.

I would like to thank you again for the comments, and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Was overall good stay, just stayed the night, don't have any names but staff were all nice

• Stayed: February 2012

Many thanks for the positive comments based on your experience here at The Watermill Hotel. I would like to thank for the praise towards our staff, rest assured I will pass your comments onto our team.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Bed was badly infested. Looked at underside of mattress and saw obvious blood stains from previous guests. The first time we have ever encountered a bedbug infestation at a Best Western hotel. Ruined our trip and ran up quite a dry cleaning bill on our return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bitten2011
watermillhotel, General Manager at The Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Bitten2011,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Watermill hotel.

I would like to apologise for the issues raised during your visit in December. The hotel would like to reassure you that, just like any other Best Western hotel we try our up most to keep our housekeeping standards to the very best.

Your satisfaction is important to us and since your comments we have revised our housekeeping practices to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I was looking for a convenient hotel for the Tring/Hemel Hempstead area on a budget.

Location is good & quiet, about 15 minutes outside of HH and easy access on to M1 & M25. Plenty of free parking.

The room was warm, comfy and did everything I needed it to. Don't need contempory fixtures & fittings to get a good night sleep and hot shower.

All the staff were very friendly in all the departments, happy to chat and pleasant to talk to.

Didn't eat in the evening, but breakfast was good.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank T7PDC
watermillhotel, Manager at The Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you for your review, It gives me great pleasure to hear positive comments about our team.

Your feedback is important to us, and we use all comments to help us continually improve,

I hope that you will have the chance of staying at the hotel again in the future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Dreadful start to a 2 night stay. The postcode, on my booking confirmation, was wrong. I called the hotel and they could not give me directions but gave me an alternative postcode. I arrived after a further 10 minute drive. There were 2 fairly small carparks, which were full. So I had to park in the overflow carpark in a very muddy field (so muddy that my car wheels span and threw mud all over the car). The walk to the hotel with no lighting, with my case and on a slippery slope was an accident waiting to happen. UNACCEPTABLE - sorry!
The bedroom was pleasant but very cold (not a problem for me, but would be for some). However, it was in a separate block to the reception areas. I was 3 rooms in from the entrance which was open to anyone to walk in. I didn't really feel that safe. There was a lot of noise from the road and the bedroom walls seemed paper thin (I was a little worried when neighbours arrived and I could hear everything, but this turned out not to be a problem, fortunately).
Breakfast on Monday morning was mediocre (small choice of food, had to order cooked but there was no one around to take the order). Breakfast was good on Tuesday, more choice and a cooked buffet...rather odd.
Needless to say, I would not return and am unlikely to book another Best Western!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I booked into here with work as a hotel of last resort. My previous experiences with best western hotels have been far from favourable! However I found the room of more than acceptable quality. But what really made the stay was the friendliness of the hotel staff. The only reason I have not given this a 5 star rating was the Wi-Fi seemed to grind to a halt as soon as it got past 6pm and the demand from all the guests seemed to overwhelm it.. Keep up the good work

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank unom3
watermillhotel, Manager at The Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. It gives me great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the room and felt the staff were friendly.

With regards to the Wi-Fi access I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with the strength of our internet signal. As part of our recent improvements we have introduced a better Wi-Fi system and I hope that the next time you visit us you will have a better experience with the Wi-Fi.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Best Western The Watermill

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Stayed for a night, had really nice meal in the bar. Room was large, clean, overall was a nice place

• Stayed: October 2011