We stayed over 2 nights, it was our wedding anniversary. Had a lovely meal Friday night when we arrived and was surprised at how small the restaurant and bar were. Got up Saturday morning for breakfast, there was no room in the restaurant, were ushered to a dirty table, no cups, cutlery there, had to ask for tea and toast, awful service, far too many people there staying for minimum staff to cope with and restaurant far too small with capacity of hotel.
Saturday night was the worst ever! Music blaring from a house next door until at least 5 am next morning, complained to reception 3 times during the night, couldn't sleep at all, could even tell what song was playing even though the windows had to be closed and it was hot in the room!
Reception advised me that there was nothing they could do as the Police wouldn't come out and the Council wouldn't deal either so had to endure this all night, was told we could move to a SMOKING room as this is all that they had as other people had complained and had been moved, had only had about 2 hours sleep and as a result suffered a massive migraine due to this, completely ruined our day out as we had to stay in bed longer than expected, after the music had stopped, went down to breakfast about 9.15am only to find that the restaurant was heaving, there was no food, no plates, no cutlery at all and absolutely nowhere at all to sit! Again! Arrrgh! We went elsewhere for breakfast! Worst ever experience ever stay in a hotel! Avoid! Complained to Deputy Manager and was told that quote "in his 6 years of working there he had never experienced this music and noise!" That is not what I was told by reception the same night, it has happened before as I have read another review with regards to the same house next door having an all night "event" as reception called it.Deputy Manager gave us a £44 refund as an apology and a "complimentary dinner" should we come again, I advised him I would never use this hotel ever again to have the dinner and I was still unhappy. Horrible experience, worst ever, avoid, especially when you're paying so much money to stay there, very unhappy. Needs to be managed better, may I suggest 2 sittings of breakfasts seeing as the restaurant is too small for what looked like the whole hotel turning up together all at the same time including a bus full of foreign students who were just wandering about and kept bumping into you when we did have breakfast the first day! Appalling! Disgusting and ruined the weekend! We were meant to go to London for a few hours before travelling back to North Wales but as we were both tired, had to stay in bed and I wasn't feeling well due to all this, we couldn't go! Very disappointing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermill Hotel, one of the finest modern Hotels in Hemel Hempstead is built around an old flour mill and offers excellent accommodations in Hemel Hempstead with a panoramic view of River Bulbourne threading through the property. Experience a serene, Old World retreat from bustling city life in this picturesque modern hotel. A convenient getaway venue with plenty of spacious free car parking. Watermill also offers wonderful amenities and hospitality for a relaxing stay, with convenient access to the area's tourist, industrial and commercial centres. Our hotel in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire include 71 tastefully appointed rooms, several with beautiful views of the lush green meadows and the River Bulbourne. A blend of refined luxury and and refreshing tranquility is sure to romance both leisure and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Watermill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Watermill
- Hemel Hempstead Best Western
- Best Western Hemel Hempstead