“Very good location and nice property”

The Watermill Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Stayed here with may family. As we came down for our sons birthday and took him to the Harry potter studio. Surprised as the hotel was very close we already it was not too far when we checked online , but was very handy off the a41 and straight to the studios. Nice hotel, the staff were very good, and as we had come back early from the studio we took advantage of the hotel's discount in there restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for discount for Harry potter studios, as this hotel gave us a special offer as we were visit g...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stella D

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed here for a wedding that was happening in Burkhamsted the following morning. The staff were friendly, rooms were basically furnished but clean. The showers were good and the bed comfortable. My favourite thing about this hotel is that you look out of your window right down onto a stream that runs right past it. The sound is quite calming as you sleep. The breakfast was one of the best I have had at a hotel of this price.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time and when I went into the reception the staff was so helpful. The restaurant was very good the food was fantastic and the waitress was very polite. When I went to my room I could not believe I eyes the size of the bed you could of go a family of 4 in it . It was the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel. And I will be staying there again for sure

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Came to this hotel after seeing Facebook with the hotel advertising afternoon tea. So we called them and booked for 6 of us. Was outstanding service, with a very special feel. They really impressed us with what they had on offer.

Room Tip: Go for the luxury tea
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Came to this place apart of my works Christmas party, and it was a very nice evening ! Booked into a large kingsize room as a free upgrade from the receptionist, biggest bed I have seen! Then we were invited to the bar for some pre gathering. Once in the function room it was nice and very Christmas like, we had starters and desserts to table which allowed us to get what we wanted on the main course buffet. Food tasted very good, and all the staff were very awesome and very helpful. Once eaten the disco started with good mix of music, and they had a bar in the function room as well. Overall was a nice feel, and once of the best staff party's my work has done for us, I will defiantly visit this place in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Having stayed here in July 2012 and written a less than glowing review, I tried again on Boxing Day night. I had telephoned in advance to explain that my husband and I required a quiet twin room, not far from the main reception. I was advised that only double rooms were available in the location I asked for so decided that rather than the long walk from the twin rooms to the restaurant, we would try a double. Yes, we were near Reception and the room was clean - the bathroom being better than on the previous occasion where the basin was cracked and stained. Quiet - no: I imagine sleeping over Niagara Falls would sound similar and as for the bed: we may just as well have been sleeping on a trampoline. Having read other reviews it seems that better rooms are available, if you insist, which is perhaps what I should have done. However, the breakfast has improved. We have stayed in other Best Western hotels which are a vast improvement on Bourne End. They need to up their game considerably to meet the company's usually high, comfortable standards. Maybe, third time will be lucky. The hotel is well situated for my visits to Hertfordshire and I would not wish to search for alternative accommodation when quite obviously there ARE rooms which would be suitable. The hotel is clean and the staff courteous.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, do insist on being well away from the water and the main road at the front...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel and had read the reviews some were good some were really bad, so i rang up the hotel and advised them to read the feedback, I requested a quiet room and i was given a family in room 248 it was a beautiful room, very clean, lovely and quiet. The bathroom sink was a bit old and cracked but very clean and i had a really hot soak in the bath. The restaurant was small but very friendly service with excellent food. i would definately recommend this hotel and go there again.

Room Tip: if you require a quiet room dont be afraid to ask, i did and was upgraded free to a family room whic...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
watermillhotel, Manager at The Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

I am very pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and it is nice to hear the positive feedback in regards to the meal you had.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future