“The perfect setting for a wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Watermill Hotel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“The perfect setting for a wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2015

I had my wedding here on Friday 19th June 2015 and it was the perfect day, we opted for the marquee as the garden is so beautiful. I would like to thank all of the Watermill team as they were so polite and helpful and also made our day so special. Everyone commented on this and the meal was outstanding it was absolutely superb, we couldn't of asked for a better venue we are so thrilled with all of the staff's hard work and would like to thank them all for making our day so amazing. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for their wedding venue. We stayed along with a number of our guests and the rooms were great, we couldn't of asked for more.

• Stayed June 2015, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2015

First annoyance was to read the website for directions, to be given a postcode which sent you up a side road to an industrial estate. When this was mentioned there was no hint of apology but just that it could "not" be changed!
Rooms were ok. The bar was expensive and not surprising if people escape to one of the two pubs over the road.
The food was poor. Much of it was lukewarm at both dinner and breakfast. The coffee was watery and poor at breakfast. The choice at both dinner and breakfast was not great.
The staff in the restaurant were not able to communicate satisfactorily because of their poor English. Surely training staff and ensuring they can talk to customers is important in the hospitality industry?
I strongly suspect you can do better for the money in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid being near the watermill and sound of running water!
  • Stayed June 2015, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Hemel Hempstead hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and you can always get a friendly welcome from the staff. I had a free upgrade from reception. The beer was fine and the restaurant food want too shabby either. It's not to far away from where I need to be and the cost is good compared to other hotels

Stayed May 2015, travelled on business
Larvik, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

We was a group of 42 Norwegian people, and stayed 2 nights at this great hotel. Our room was on 1. floor in the side building. We had a BIG bed, our room was clean and nice. We woke to birdsong in the morning.
The people working at the hotel was so service minded. They made our stay unforgettable.
The food was so tasty! It's the best food we have eaten in UK ever!
So thank you to the young management and their fine employees.

Stayed May 2015, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

Last year I had my wedding reception at The Watermill and for our anniversary we were booked in by my mother for the night, we arrived early and were told our room was ready if we wished to check in, there was a wedding party in rhe bar area but the receptionist offered to set a table up or even open the restaurant if we wanted food which was a lovely gesture, we chose to sit outside where the receptionist took our food order and bought us drinks, food was beautiful and hot well worth the money.

Our room was clean, comfortable and even though it was adjacent to where the wedding was raking place we heard nothing ! Lovely.

For our dinner we ate in the restaurant where a table had been reserved for us and complimentary champagne to celebrate, the food again was wonderful (we chose the 3 course set meal) and the staff were attentive and very good at making us feel welcome.

Overall I cannot fault the hotel, it's staff or the prices, me and my husband will be returning again next year if not sooner.

Most relaxing evening I have had in a hotel !

Stayed May 2015, travelled as a couple
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2015

Due to my work I spend more time in hotels than I do at home

I am now approaching my second year staying at the Watermill

The property is very nice
The rooms are well equipped
Some rooms are larger than others
The hotel has adequate wifi throughout

Some rooms have Air Con, so if your planning a summer stay here that could be a bonus

Harry potter world is only 10mins away by car and I have been told, if you are a fan of the films its a brilliant day out.

The food is of a good quality and the menu is large and varied, I especially like the piri piri chicken with rice! mmmmmmmm

The hotel sits on the edge of a canal and has a water way running through the property

It is a joy to sit on the wooden decked area, listening to the water and watching the ducks and swans whilst enjoying a drink.

What makes this location excellent is the friendliness of the staff
They really do try hard to make you feel comfortable
There are many hotels where the staff do not care about the paying customer

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone whom finds themselves in need of a hotel in this part of the world

Well done Watermill, you are doing things right

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms at the front of the building as they are a little larger than the rest
  • Stayed April 2015, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Wedding food was lovely and all dietary requirements catered for.
Lovely big room which was very clean. Massive bed which was good as I good lose hubby for a while lol
Would definitely recommend the hotel and use it again. Thanks to all the staff who made our stay very pleasant. ..even remembering my name on arrival after telephone conversations

Stayed May 2015, travelled with friends