All reviews flour mill decking area water mill sandwiches function room large room afternoon tea christmas party wedding venue staff were very helpful cyril hemel annex canal
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Staff went beyond the call of duty to help me get to the station after a meeting at the Watermill so I could catch my train - no taxis available so they drove me. Very helpful and friendly staff. We use it regularly for meetings and it is always quiet and well set out with friendly hospitality.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank MD150618
Vijay S, Manager at The Watermill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words, We look forward to hosting your next event soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to thank you guys for your amazing job at the hotel. The food was excellent, the service also great, very friendly sraff. You Make me feel very special, keep on the amazing job. Will see you very soon !!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Peaceful, accessible and quaint. Away from the hustle and bustle, yet near enough to access very easily. Regularly between London and Hemel and the location works out as door to door for me. To top it off, staff are always pleasant, always willing to help and always smiling. Great options from the Food Menu, and I usually always go for the weekly special

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RSTrvlr
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I'm using this hotel on a weekly basis since more than a year now / 3 nights per week (Coming to the UK for work every week from France)
I can say just one thing... people working here are just fabulous. Very friendly, keen to help and find solutions even with quite difficult situations (eg. they had to open the restaurent which was being closed as too late just so I can have my dinner!)
I'm really glad that I discovered this hotel and I recommend to those travelling for work/leisure to use it.
PS: Special thanks to the French folks working here but also Daven (The hotel Manager)... always smiling and making me feel like not that far from home!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Azzeddine Z

Dear Azzedine

It's indeed a pleasure to know from our regular guests that our hotel is a home away from home for you.

Our motto, “arrive as a guest, depart as a Friend and return as a family member”.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved my stay at the Watermill - came back for my husbands birthday a week later for an afternoon tea and everything was just perfect! Beautiful setting on the decking, and a truly personable service from every member we interacted with.

Rooms were clean and we were given one with a view of the river outside, waking up literally to the sound of nature. Looking forward to returning!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Krm-S12

Dear Krm

Thank you for giving us a 5-star review, Our quaint location and the riverside decking makes the hotel an ideal venue for relaxing Lunches & Traditional afternoon tea, we do take pride in serving homemade traditional; scones.

Hope to see you soon again.