“Great Hotel with lovely pool”

Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. As we are a family of five 2 + 3 children ages 18, 14 and 12 we have to book two rooms. We requested interconnecting and this is what we got. One room had a double and extra bed for our 12 year old and the other two singles ( prefered but not essential by the boys). Thanks to the hotel for this extra touch. We used the pool, spa pool, sauna and steam room twice. We also had breakfast - lovely.We then drove to the train station, parked our car and took the train into London ( 30 mins ) to watch a show. This all worked smoothly. Would definitely use this hotel again for its position close to the M1 and close to a train station with parking and frequent trains into London.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thank you very much for writing such a great review! I will share you comments with the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I went to the hotel for a weekend of eating rest and relaxation.I was extremely impressed by the staff especially jo on reception. The entire team were very welcoming it was like home from home. We had a good rate in an excutive room we had complimentary snacks and items in our room. The spa and gym were a nice addition. After we checked out we were allowed to use the facilities we watched football in the lounge and saw Liverpool win the carling cup. Not once did the staff make our stay uncomfortable but ensured we had the best service this included the gym staff restaurant staff, bar and reception staff. We would definitely stay again. The breakfast was great. Our only negative was dinner but again the staff handled this well and refunded us to ensure we were not dissatisfied. We would definitely stay there again excellent value for money and awesome location!
Grace and kas from Essex

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Grace and Kas

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I really appreciate that you took the time to write this review, I will share your comments with the team.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have used this hotel a few times now and each time is pretty much the same. The staff are friendly and the hotel is quite big. There is plenty of parking but non-residents use this as well when they use the gym, so if you arrive anywhere between 18.30 and 21.00 you could struggle to park. The rooms are a bit dated but comfortable nontheless. The restaurant food is good and the breakfasts are too. All in all, not bad and I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chri55ie
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay. I am glad that my team looked after you and you enjoyed the facilities.

We are in the process of painting the bedrooms and the lobby area, so this will freshen up the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead very soon .

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Had a weekend stay at the HI Hemel Hempsted recently. The hotel is really only accessed by car or taxi as it is on a dual carriageway close to the M1 (and someway out of HH town centre). The hotel is quite dated and tired but the staff are friendly and accommodating Our rate plan was good value and as we only using the hotel to stay overnight whilst visiting friends it met our needs. it is perhaps worth staying here if you are travelling north or south along the m1/m25 and need to break your journey otherwise there are nicer hotels in the chain in the outer london area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Many thanks for the positive comments regarding my team.

We are in the process of re decorating the bedrooms at the moment and have recently re decorated the lobby area, so the hotel is looking fresher and more up todate.

I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

We have just got back from a two night, buy one get one free, break. Hotel was fine, Father & Son used pool, said it was small but great. Room was a bit tired (229) but OK, it all just lacked a little something but OK if it was just a base. We were in fact celebrating my ?0 birthday, all booked last minute, didn't want a fuss but thought it would be nice to go away as a family. My goodness, the biggest shock was when we paid for the one breakfast we took at the hotel, it costs £14.95 per person (kids free). Apparently as we checked in the receptionist told us we should have been offered the chance to purchase a voucher @ £9.50 when we asked if it could be adjusted it was too late. Maybe it was because we were on reduced rate. You have been warned. There is a BP station next door with M&S food, plus it does coffee/breakfast baps etc.... Don't think we will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Macs007
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Many thanks for writing your comments. We encourage feedback so that we can improve what we do and the service we offer.

I am sorry you were not offered the breakfast voucher, this is to encourage guests to pre book breakfast, I will ensure re training is completed for this.

All rooms are being re painted at the moment, which will refresh and brighten our rooms, as we have taken on board guests comments.

I hope that you will use the hotel again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

This Holiday Inn is by the motorway, and the restaurant is good.

Sadly, I have now run out of the positives for it.

The public areas are tired and need refurbishment, wall decor scraped and carpets needing cleaned.

Our room was small though well appointed. However, we could hear every single word said next door when the woman there was on the phone, so were well aware that we too were overheard.

One to avoid, sadly.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CMEmbra

Thank you for your comments, it is important to receive feedback to that we can improve our facilities and service where we are able to.

We are in the process of decorating the bedrooms and public areas to brighten and freshen our facilities, as I appreciate your comments.

I hope that you will have the chance of staying at the hotel again in the future to see the changes we are making.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stay in alot of hotels nationwide on business so when my office booked me into the Holiday inn Hemel Hempstead I thought another plain boring hotel, how wrong could I be from the minute I wallked through the door I was greeted by clean fresh modern decor the staff are happy to be there so nothing was a problem. The rooms are spacious all the ammeneties you would want, the rooms are a very high standard hygiene levels are perfect. The bar was clean again excellent staff who wanted to serve you. The food in the restaurant was cooked with care and attention to detail. The breakfast was freshly cooked buffett style. Checkout was simple and quick, again attention to detail was evident to see. Overall I could not find a single fault. I would strongly reccommend the hotel for business travellers and leisure people

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service from my team and also your comments regarding the hotel and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemel Hempstead
#7 of 13 in Watford
Shendish Manor Hotel
Shendish Manor Hotel
#6 of 9 in Hemel Hempstead

Been to Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8? Share your experiences!