We were a group of 2 families looking for 2 nights accommodation for the Warner Brothers studio tour of the Harry Potter set. We needed 3 rooms, a Double interconnecting with a twin and a double with an additional bed.
Booking with Holiday Inn direct on the phone was the only way I could ensure our requirements were met. The booking process was smooth and confirmations arrived via email instantly.
Price wise the hotel is spot on at around £60 per night including breakfast. This was an advanced payment rate but I am sure deals are available all the time. I was worried about it being near a busy road and motorway but we had zero noise.
The hotel is clean, plenty of space, a good swimming pool, steam room, sauna, gym, good restaurant and a good size bar. The hotel was full when we stayed but you never felt crowded.
We do not normally eat in the hotel we stay at but on this occasion we decided to give the carvery a try. It was a wise decision and we ended up easting there each night. Approx £17 for 3 courses with children under 14 eating free was very much value for money as unlimited trips to the food counter were encouraged. If a carvery is not your thing, then there is also a comprehensive menu.
The HP tour was 12 minutes away and again I have to say that is excellent too. Would definitely recommend it and also hire the audio tour as it gives you much more of an experience.
The staff at the hotel were great, really friendly.
The hotel is functional and clean, if you are after character hotels this is not for you but if you are after good value, great service and a good price then just go ahead an book it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8 is in the perfect location for business and leisure guests. The hotel is easily accessible from M1 & M25 motorways and just 1 mile from The Snow Centre, 8 miles from Luton Airport, 21 miles from Heathrow Airport 19 miles from Wembley Stadium. Getting into London is easy as the hotel is just 10 minutes from Hemel train station with direct services into London Euston. Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead combines an excellent range of facilities with 144 air-conditioned bedrooms, including 19 Executive Rooms along with family and accessible rooms. The hotel also offers a Spirit Health Club with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, fitness gym and health and beauty products & treatments. The hotel has conference and banqueting facilities that are a perfect venue for any occasion. These rooms all feature natural daylight, high speed internet connections and Starbucks Coffee. The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead offers 3 dining options; Traders restaurant, Lounge Bar and 24 hour room service. Here at Hemel Hempstead, we are proud to welcome families so why not take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer! The hotel is just 11 miles from Whipsnade Zoo, 27 miles from Woburn Safari Park and just 1 mile from the Snow Centre. A perfect way to keep those little ones amused! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead m1 j8 Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn