“Reception”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Calne, United Kingdom
“Reception”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I would just like to say that we are always quick to moan about the services we receive at Hotels and many other outlets. However, when I arrived at this hotel, I had booked two rooms for the first night and three individual bookings (one room) for the next three nights. There were two young ladies on Reception, they were Crystal and Katie. Their service and manner was second to none, always with a smile and couldn't do enough for us. After a long and tiring day, to be greeted and dealt with like that was a pleasure. Please pass on my comments to both.
Terry West.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for writing a great response after your recent stay especially your comments regarding Crystal and Katie on our reception. I will pass these onto them. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Jill Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed here one night with National Holidays to see the Harry Potter Studio Tour. The rooms were clean but a bit out-dated, a few cracks in the walls in the bathroom, cup-stained table, and slightly torn chair, but other than that pretty good. The beds were really comfy. I only have two complaints. My first is that the walls were far too thin! We could hear everything going on in the corridors and the neighbour rooms. My second complaint would be the WIFI prices. Most hotels have free WIFI nowadays including the Holiday Inn Express hotels. The food was good, not great but we got it free with our trip so we didn't complain. If we did not have a free meal plan, we would not have eaten here. Its way too pricey for average food.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments after your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are undergoing a refresh programme of our bedrooms to ensure our guests are not disappointed.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We booked this hotel as our friends dad's 90th birthday party was to be held there.

On arrival our room was upgraded - it was a lovely surprise - the room was very spacious, clean and so comfortable.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful - the party food was delicious and our breakfast next morning was plentiful and very good.

Thank you everyone for making our time with you enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Its great to receive such a positive response especially regarding the team! I will share it with them.

General Mananger
derbyshire
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Lovely warm swimming pool, nice friendly staff, clean room. Good location for LEGOLAND. Nicely cooked food in the restaurant, not much choice on childrens menu though. Bed felt very hard but that could be preference. Other guests a bit noisy with children running down corridors late at night, didn't complain about it because very hard to stop ignorant people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank katherineDerbyshire
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review!

Kind Regards

Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a weekend break with diamond holidays to London and Windsor. The hotel was on of the brightest and cleanest we have stayed in on short breaks. The room was spotless ,the bed was comfortable with a choice of hard ,or soft pillows. The staff were warm and friendly and the food was perfect. Overall this is a very well run hotel with excellent facilities and staff I would recommend this hotel to any body.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and good to hear tht we met all your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

North Yorks
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Used this hotel as a stop over between Warner Bros. Studio Tour and Go Ape at Woburn.

The reception staff were excellent and the rooms clean. The hotel was inexpensive but idealy located between the 2 attractions. If the mid week rates were reasonable I would consider using this hotel for business.

Breakfast was basic and luke warm. One of the staff was overheard to say 'service would be better if there weren't coach parties in'.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay. I am pleased that you found our reception team welcoming and trust that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I went on a National Holiday trip from June 8th-June 9th and we stayed at the Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn. Upon arrival we were greeted on the coach and room keys were distributed, we were also invited to attend dinner at any time and were invited to use the health club in the given time. The hotel itself was clean, inviting and I found it very easy to find my room which was well furnished, clean and included exciting features such as a tv with lots of channels to watch, comfortable beds and lots of storage space. An hour and a half after arrival me and my friend went down to dinner which was a carvery. All staff were friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. After dinner I sat in the bar for a bit and the bar staff were also courteous. The morning brought another delicious self-serve breakfast and more friendly staff. Overall I wanted the management of this hotel to know how impressed I was with my first stay in a Holiday Inn; I had 5 star treatment from checking in to checking out and will definitely be staying in a Holiday Inn again. I also wanted to make note of how professional all the staff were, it was obvious that all staff members took their job role seriously and I felt comfortable knowing that the staff were vigilant with maintaining a tidy dining area/bar area/reception area. So thank you to the staff of Hemel Hempstead who made my stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2013
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback after your recent stay. I am very pleased that you found both the hotel and staff up to your expectations. I will pass on your comments to all the teams and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Aubrey Park Hotel
Aubrey Park Hotel
#8 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gateway
Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gatew...
#5 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
#2 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Hilton Watford
Hilton Watford
#7 of 13 in Watford

Been to Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8? Share your experiences!