We received a family room (1 double bed+1 single) and it was quite impressive. We had the choice of either firm or soft pillows which was nice and the TV was high quality and received 30 channels as well as seven pages of recently released films available to rent from a minimum of £7.50- (Star Trek:ID, Ted, Anchorman etc.) There was a mini fridge available but was empty despite it claiming those staying would receive a charge for any items taken or even moved, (maybe we missed something?) There was a good quality hair dryer provided free of charge and the bathroom had towels a nice shower/bath and sink provided. The view out from our room was out on to the car park with a spotlight just next to the window which wasn't too bad. A desk with two plug sockets was also there however one was broken rendering it unusable. We had booked the hotel through National Holidays on the Harry Potter Studios+London trip which I wouldn't recommend despite our pleasant visits to both London and the superb Harry Potter Studios as the days' organisation was switched round and our seats moved-we were also forced to make an hour long diversion to the small town of Lutterworth which had nothing apart from a small Costa Coffee and an old church and graveyard as the bus driver didn't want to go to a services again. On the first night the meals were a choice of a turkey carvery or a vegetarian lasagne which seemed odd due to the massive amount of meals available on the room service (this lack of choice might've been because of the last minute switch-around by National Holidays.) The hotel also had various services available including breakfast in bed for an additional £15, a health club, an in building starbucks and a free swimming pool open for most of the day. The wifi was quite expensive but we weren't staying long so it was really nessecary. The staff were friendly and approachable and the breakfast buffet was very large with almost any breakfast food available (apart from black pudding which was strangely absent despite appearing on the menu) and it was all delicious, a top rated breakfast with refreshing drinks and top quality food available from an early time. Full temperature control in the room was available in the room and was easy to use. All in all the hotel was great and I recommended it to anyone looking to stay in the area, great job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8 is in the perfect location for business and leisure guests. The hotel is easily accessible from M1 & M25 motorways and just 1 mile from The Snow Centre, 8 miles from Luton Airport, 21 miles from Heathrow Airport 19 miles from Wembley Stadium. Getting into London is easy as the hotel is just 10 minutes from Hemel train station with direct services into London Euston. Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead combines an excellent range of facilities with 144 air-conditioned bedrooms, including 19 Executive Rooms along with family and accessible rooms. The hotel also offers a Spirit Health Club with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, fitness gym and health and beauty products & treatments. The hotel has conference and banqueting facilities that are a perfect venue for any occasion. These rooms all feature natural daylight, high speed internet connections and Starbucks Coffee. The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead offers 3 dining options; Traders restaurant, Lounge Bar and 24 hour room service. Here at Hemel Hempstead, we are proud to welcome families so why not take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer! The hotel is just 11 miles from Whipsnade Zoo, 27 miles from Woburn Safari Park and just 1 mile from the Snow Centre. A perfect way to keep those little ones amused! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead m1 j8 Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn