“One of the best holiday inns”

Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Extremely friendly reception and restaurant staff.
Very clean and comfortable room.
Got a great nights sleep.
The location is ideal as it's minutes from the M1 junction.
Parking's free and there's plenty of room.
They are very keen to know if you've been treated well and ask you to score your visit at check out.

Room Tip: I've stayed a few times and all of the rooms I've had are quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your great comments after your recent stay. I am pleased to see that everything was to your satisfaction and that our teams looked after you well. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Weekend stay, room was nice and clean and tidy and had brew facilities and fridge. Ate in bar on first night and restaurant on second night. Food was good on both occasions. Blue cheese sauce not on the menu was ordered to go with steak and was excellent. Swimming pool area and gym was also excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Would have been 5* but WiFi, even in public areas was chargeable and quite expensive although I understand this is changing in July of this year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found all the teams friendly and welcoming. We hope that you will return again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's really hard to describe how much I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I'd never been to a Holiday Inn before, but I can say for certain that I'd more than happily go to one again.
The food was amazing, the staff were lovely and the room we had was incredibly clean. We only stayed for one night whilst passing through London and now I truly, truly wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hollyberry1998
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Hollyberry1998

Thank you for such a great review after your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you found everything to your satisfaction on your first stay with us. I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

General Manger

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've used this hotel a number of times before as it's convenient for meetings in St Albans. I'm really happy with the hotel, the staff are great, the facilities good, and it's well maintained. The gym has a good selection of equipment. I ate dinner and breakfast here and both were good. The cleanliness throughtout was good. I will certainly stay here again.

Dear Andrew W

Thanks you for a great review, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all my teams looked after you well. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Buisness stay for a couple of week. The hotel is decent for price. The food is good if you choose the Menu but avoid the buffet and hot food for the breakfeast (Not fresh at all).

+ : The gym and the spa are free for the hotel's residents.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you found most of your stay to your satisfaction. Should you not be completely satisfied with the food please bring this to the attention of the restaurant manager who will be more than happy to discuss further and resolve any issues.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've stayed in this hotel around 10 times for between 1 and three nights at a time. It's a typical business hotel. It has a decent gym (part of a healthclub) with a good range of equipment. It has a decent restaurant / Bar.
The rooms are very clean and good sized. The decor is a bit dated in some of the rooms although some have been updated in recent times.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for feedback, I am pleased that you found everything to your satisfaction and that all the teams looked after you well. We look forward to continuing to welcome you back here.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband , son and I stayed here as part of National Holidays trip to Wembley Stadium for the FA Cup Final on the 17 th May 2014. It had been a very hot day and we arrived at the hotel to a very organized and quick check in by friendly staff. When we got to our room we was very impressed , very clean and roomy . We noticed that we needed an other pillow and mug for the room so we went to the reception . The staff on the desk were very helpful and wrote down our request . From there we went to the bar we was very impressed with the lay out . We was pleased with the £3.90 a pint of larger as have paid more in other hotels . The bar staff were very pleasant and quick to serve us . My son wanted a baguette and chips when it came it was lovely presented and very nice. After a couple of beers we went to our room our earlier request for a pillow and mug was waiting in the room. The beds were very comfy and the air con a bonus. We had a great nights sleep with no noise heard at all. My son wanted a bath in the morning and I was very impressed only took a couple of minuets to run a full bath. Breakfast was very well organized with hot drinks brought to your table . My son loved the pancake machine there was also a good selection of cereals and fruits. The cooked breakfast was very good , cooked perfectly and of good quality we enjoyed this . I would stay at this hotel again when in the area , well run , friendly and very comfy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jill W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for a great review, I am pleased to read that you found everything to your satisfaction and that all our teams were welcoming. We hope to see you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemel Hempstead
Shendish Manor Hotel
#6 of 9 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction
Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8? Share your experiences!