I travelled and stayed at this hotel with a colleague. We arrived late after a 5 hour journey, around midnight. When checking in we were told that a twin room wasn't available although that's what we had booked. We were advised that a double room was available with a sofa bed. We asked if there were any other rooms (we were happy to pay for another) but we were told the hotel was fully booked. At this point we felt we had no option that to take the room.
We went up to the room and a member of staff knocked a few minutes later. He kindly pulled out the sofa bed for us. We asked about bedding and he said it was in the wardrobe and left. There were no bedsheets and no quilt cover. This wouldn't have been such an issue but the quilt itself was dirty. After calling reception twice we were provided with three bedsheets and no quilt cover. By this point we just wanted to get to sleep so we did the best we could with what we had.
The following morning we had breakfast in the room which was lovely, all tasty and fresh. The showers are powerful too which is always a good thing.
When checking out we were asked to give a score from 1-10 and we gave a 6. We weren't asked to explain why but we did elaborate on the issues from the night before. The member of staff kind of laughed it off and said sorry but offered no sort of discount and didn't offer to pass our comments on or anything like that.
At £155 for one night the service we received was shocking and it was very expensive considering we had to make our own bed and one of us had to sleep on a sofa bed.
If the hotel was of a decent standard we were planning on using it regularly as our company hotel. We'll be staying elsewhere in next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8 is in the perfect location for business and leisure guests. The hotel is easily accessible from M1 & M25 motorways and just 1 mile from The Snow Centre, 8 miles from Luton Airport, 21 miles from Heathrow Airport 19 miles from Wembley Stadium. Getting into London is easy as the hotel is just 10 minutes from Hemel train station with direct services into London Euston. Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead combines an excellent range of facilities with 144 air-conditioned bedrooms, including 19 Executive Rooms along with family and accessible rooms. The hotel also offers a Spirit Health Club with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, fitness gym and health and beauty products & treatments. The hotel has conference and banqueting facilities that are a perfect venue for any occasion. These rooms all feature natural daylight, high speed internet connections and Starbucks Coffee. The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead offers 3 dining options; Traders restaurant, Lounge Bar and 24 hour room service. Here at Hemel Hempstead, we are proud to welcome families so why not take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer! The hotel is just 11 miles from Whipsnade Zoo, 27 miles from Woburn Safari Park and just 1 mile from the Snow Centre. A perfect way to keep those little ones amused! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead m1 j8 Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn