We stayed here for 1 night while visiting friends. Our room was on the ground floor, and the corridor to it smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, although luckily the room didn't. Th room was a standard HI double, but was let down by a 'tired' bathroom. We had 3 hand towels and 1 bath towel between 2 of us, and they were off-white and not at all fluffy. The shower was stiff to turn on and the pressure was poor. There was a large stain on the basin surround. There was no information folder in the room at all giving details of TV channels, telephone etc.
The room was quiet, apart from a noisy raidiator, with no traffic sound at all. We slept OK, although the pillows were very hard.
Breakfast was in a pleasant conservatory, but the cooked beans, eggs, bacon and black pudding were all luke warm. They really should put out smaller quantities at a time, rather than having it piled up getting cold.
We stay at lots of Holiday Inns, and this was well down my list. Can't believe it was refurbished in 2005 - it really needs it again. The big plus is that we paid only £49, which included breakfast, so it is miles better value than budget chains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8 is in the perfect location for business and leisure guests. The hotel is easily accessible from M1 & M25 motorways and just 1 mile from The Snow Centre, 8 miles from Luton Airport, 21 miles from Heathrow Airport 19 miles from Wembley Stadium. Getting into London is easy as the hotel is just 10 minutes from Hemel train station with direct services into London Euston. Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead combines an excellent range of facilities with 144 air-conditioned bedrooms, including 19 Executive Rooms along with family and accessible rooms. The hotel also offers a Spirit Health Club with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, fitness gym and health and beauty products & treatments. The hotel has conference and banqueting facilities that are a perfect venue for any occasion. These rooms all feature natural daylight, high speed internet connections and Starbucks Coffee. The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead offers 3 dining options; Traders restaurant, Lounge Bar and 24 hour room service. Here at Hemel Hempstead, we are proud to welcome families so why not take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer! The hotel is just 11 miles from Whipsnade Zoo, 27 miles from Woburn Safari Park and just 1 mile from the Snow Centre. A perfect way to keep those little ones amused! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead m1 j8 Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn