A few notes on this hotel:
Most of the rooms are fine, the odd numbered rooms on the first floor are the best - I think these are sold as superior rooms. The showers tend to be either really hot or really cold - it's a fine are to get the temperature right.
Service is great, from Kamil on front desk to the ladies at breakfast - always friendly, and nothing too much to ask.
The hotel is nearly always sold out on a Monday and Tuesday (these must be good days for business travellers), and the location is right on the M8. It's about £10 in a taxi to Hemel Hempstead train station, and about the same again on the very frequent trains into Euston.
For leisure, there are better hotels in the area. It's not really close to anything and the pool and changing rooms are very tatty and dirty.
Food is good, but if you want to get out of the hotel - there is a nice pub (just about) walking distance away on Leverstock Green Road.
Overall, no complaints - it's not the best holiday inn you'll stay in, but it's certainly not the worst!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1 J8 is in the perfect location for business and leisure guests. The hotel is easily accessible from M1 & M25 motorways and just 1 mile from The Snow Centre, 8 miles from Luton Airport, 21 miles from Heathrow Airport 19 miles from Wembley Stadium. Getting into London is easy as the hotel is just 10 minutes from Hemel train station with direct services into London Euston. Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead combines an excellent range of facilities with 144 air-conditioned bedrooms, including 19 Executive Rooms along with family and accessible rooms. The hotel also offers a Spirit Health Club with indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, fitness gym and health and beauty products & treatments. The hotel has conference and banqueting facilities that are a perfect venue for any occasion. These rooms all feature natural daylight, high speed internet connections and Starbucks Coffee. The Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead offers 3 dining options; Traders restaurant, Lounge Bar and 24 hour room service. Here at Hemel Hempstead, we are proud to welcome families so why not take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer! The hotel is just 11 miles from Whipsnade Zoo, 27 miles from Woburn Safari Park and just 1 mile from the Snow Centre. A perfect way to keep those little ones amused! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead m1 j8 Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn