“A responsibility to protect an individuals naked privacy is not being fulfilled by aquasplash in Hemel hempstead”
Review of Aqua Splash - CLOSED

Aqua Splash
Hertford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I visited this dirty place with my two daughters aged 9 and 11 very recently looking forward to a nice day out. To my horror as we were getting dried and changed my eldest daughter who was in the single cubicle next to me shouted out. "Mum i can see you look through the hole." I was struggling to find the hole she was looking at me from at first but then i shockingly spotted it! There was a hole in each side of the cubicle panels which i am guessing were exposed and not filled back in properly from hooks originally being in the cubicles! As parents we want and need to protect our children and the thought of a weirdo watching my children changing turns my stomach!! I could hear teenage boys in the other cubicle next to me I felt totally vulnerable thinking the young boys could have already seen me naked before I realised the holes were there! We all quickly hurried out with towels wrapped around us and got changed in their dirty rotten toilets! There were no signs to warn you and make you aware of this unbelievable invasion of privacy or any verbal communication from staff as they very quickly take your money! I want to WARN everyone who unfortunately visits that place about its huge issue which the young manager said he was very aware of the problem!!!!

2 Thank Complaints999

London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable time, though the centre needs refurbishment”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My 3 year old and I had a fun time. Staff were friendly and the slides kept us busy for 2 hours. Admittedly the centre could do with being refurbished but I can definitely recommend it.

2 Thank LondonLewis_H
Wellington, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Kids loved it”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

After seeing the reviews I was v anxious about taking 15 8/9 year olds (not my choice i hasten to add). They are closing the place (for redevelopment) so it was tatty and the changing rooms could have been cleaner for sure. However we pretty much had the place to ourselves (we went late Friday afternoon), there were plenty of life-guards/attendants, all of the slides etc were open and as far as i could tell the pool was clean.

For what it cost (aroudn £4 or £5 a head), good value and good fun. We went around the corner to Pizza Hut afterwards who were very welcoming - despite a horde of over-excited kids.

3 Thank rob e
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kids love it , staff helpful . Great day out !!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have just returned from aquasplash , I felt I had to write a good review after seeing all the negative reviews on here !!! It's a great place with fun slides.Yeah ok was a bit dirty but tbh was more interested in the slides and pool to be looking at decor. It is what it is it's a fun place which the kids enjoy. The staff where helpful on a few occasions with my boys and we saw cleaners operating around the pool and changing rooms. We had to wait 10 mins at the most for slides and was fantastic as children above 1.0 metre can go on so my youngest was over joyed. It's a Shame it's received such negative reviews especially as it's closing at the end of the month :-(

8 Thank Kezz2013
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not great”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Went there many times always freezing COLD . Even the showers were cold! Soon I think its shutting fown anyway. But to the good side lots and lots of good rides for older people. Greste fun would be better if a lot warmer

Visited August 2013