Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gateway
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
The Watermill Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)
US$114
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$88
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Shendish Manor Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$74
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$74
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
US$56
Travelodge
Alexandra Guest House(Hemel Hempstead)
The Olde Kings Arms(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewstoby carverytravel lodgedomino's pizzabar cafebusy roadfamily roomplenty of free parkingbed was very comfortablecar parkconvenient locationall you can eatharry potter tourchecking outbudget hotelthe ground floorone night staygood nights sleep
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel overall was a good standard for travel lodge budget accomodation my husband and I stayed for 1 night for business trip! They have plenty of eating choices within the complex so no need to leave site if you don't wish to. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed we have slept in the staff were friendly and helpful, but the heat when you walk into the room was absolutely oppressive and allowing for the fact it is high summer and the temperatures have been very warm the ventilation in rooms is very bad, the window will only open a miniscule amount and although they provide electric fans it's just circulating warm air so coupled with heat and noise from the fan we had a very uncomfortable night . A rethink on window design and ventilation needed!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't stay in high summer
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This travel lodge is so easy to find , and ideal for everything in Hemel .
The rooms are clean and comfy the bed is great
The bar cafe is clean and the staff are helpful
The place was full of kids but we never heard them once

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I agree with everything everyone else has written about the staff and cleanliness and affordability etc but I felt the need to explain my version of being too hot!
I did not expect to find myself knocking on my sisters door at 2AM to look after my children and then crying to the girl on reception at 2:30-3 AM in my nightie and standing 'outside' the travelodge in my nightie feeling so ill with the heat. I had a massive headache and felt sick and just couldn't breathe in the room. I think we tried to push the room window open several times in desperation for some air, even thought we knew we couldn't. The lack of a proper sleep for 3 nights must have caught up with me and although we had a refund I would have rather of had air con! We were on the 4th floor but moved down to level 1 as it was slightly cooler but if I hadn't have been moved I would have moved hotels - so if you are going to stay there pick a room on the lower floors if it's hot.

Also just one more thing why were there never any teaspoons???!

1  Thank Anna H
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent stay, very clean and staff well trained, great vale for money, I had used a summer sale promotion , room cost £29. Very hot evening and a fan was in the room as well as 2 bottles of water, single sheet also provided as it was too warm for a duvet. I used snack and bar service as well as breakfast, both good value, will stay again and recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stayed in many hotels , of varied ratings and tariffs.This has to have been the worst ever . Its a new hotel , but someone forgot the air conditioning. It was suffocating warm last night . The fans that the staff issued did nothing to alleviate the suffering , of its guests. we took numerous showers in the night in an attempt to cool off, but still felt aweful.The staff did the best they could, but the poor design of the building and cost cutting by leaving the air conditioning out , is a decision made by head office.Safe to say we will not be returning to this hotel.

4  Thank bella6364