“Great food, great service”
Review of Toby Carvery

Toby Carvery
Ranked #132 of 180 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Price range: US$8 - US$64
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you love a roast dinner, this is for you.

I have eaten here on a number of occasions, and the food has always been good. My experience is that the roast beef is always great, with the others meats not far behind. There is a great choice of vegetables, and the yorkshires are to die for. On several visits, we have had Steve as our waiter, who I have found to be very helpful, friendly and efficient.
Very cheap to visit during the week, a bit more on a Sunday, but still good value for money.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Good value at 9.95 a head , Good food and you can supersize for £1.50, Wine good beer good service good . Lacks a restarant ambience but you get what you pay for .Six of us all enjoyed it - would go again

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Ate here 18 June 2013.
No draft beers because they had run out of gas.
Was told there was no pie of the day as they had run out of meat?
Short staffed and from just after 21:00 my server seemed more concerned at getting the tables cleared and set for the morning.
I ate here the night before and the experience was much better.
So bad day? Make your own mind up by reading the other reviews (which I haven't).
I won't return for a while and will eat at the Travelodge in-house eatery for better value and hopefully a better experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Short staffed, very busy, not clean, didn't get our drinks til finished meal. My meal arrived after husband had finished his carvery. We didn't feel that we had an option of getting a starter, we were pretty much just told to go and get a carvery, I had to stop her (the manager) walking away to say I didn't want a carvery but i was disappointed to find my choice was very limited as they had run out of most things. The carver/ chef was friendly and helpful but he was the only one. It was 20 minutes after finishing our meal that we got our table cleared and were asked if we wanted desserts. The ice cream was lovely but the mains weren't brilliant (mash was pretty hard for a start). We were then given our bill without being asked if we wanted any drinks or anything else. It was a bit too conveyor belt like. I've been to other Toby carverys that are nowhere near as bad. Wouldn't recommend it which is a shame considering it is probably the best place to go for people staying at the travel lodge next door.

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile