“Great Value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #120 of 158 Restaurants in Hemel Hempstead
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We often eat at The Crabtree at weekends. The staff are very friendly and the food is great value for money. There is a wide choice of meals and recently changed their menu.

• Visited May 2014

Kettering, United Kingdom
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have always got time to pop into this pub when I'm in Hemel. The staff are great and so friendly. The new menu is beautiful and the burgers are damn good.

Visited April 2014
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Good food is a bit of a lottery!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I don't like to be negative when giving reviews, but this pub is not the good standard it has been in the past. We go to this pub fairly regularly and it really is pot luck whether you get a good meal. We went for Sunday lunch today & I had the pork belly. It extremely salty, I think that was to get decent crackling, however, it had obviously been kept warm for a long time as the crackling was soggy & it was impossible to cut the pork.
Several of the ornaments had been removed, leaving big adhesive lumps on the shelving. This used to be a nice, well presented pub where you could get a decent pub meal, I don't know where it's gone wrong.The staff are always polite, although sometimes it can take a long while to be served at the bar.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank eatingforpleasure
“"SHOCKING"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have always enjoyed going to the Crabtree for there new ales and good atmosphere. I have eaten there quite a few times and have never had a problem. A few months back the food wasn't great yet we put that down to a one off. We went there recently as a family to celebrate my birthday and was just blown away on how bad things were. New menu - well good luck!! The garnish next to my "rock" burger that a pint couldn't wash away consisted of hot coleslaw on a wilted lettuce leaf. I think when kids don't eat the food you must know there is something wrong... Waited over 40 mins for food which looks like it was forgotten under the warming drawer for ages. Jacket potato's skin wasn't edible - peas were close to having a grilled effect on them and were dried out, gravy had an over night skin on the top, tomato slice which was on the burger was no bigger than the one slice of fried mushroom - 1 1/2" in diameter. After complaining 20% was offered on the next spend which you had to use within 2 weeks.

Like other have rated, the place is really wanting - litter every where outside, tables dirty - old lipstick on the "new" napkins and glasses come with a unique dirt tarnish. I figure I can rant for ages yet nominating it to Hells Kitchen would be a resolve....

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank D S
“Don't get it?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Having viewed the recent change in management and mixed reviews on her over the past 4 months I took my daughter and friend here for lunch and dinner on a desperate occasion, I can only praise the staff at the Crabtree on A lovely experience had by us both times. Compared to what was the crAbtree 6 months ago the place is unreconizable from the shower of doo dar it had previously become!! Well done staff and manager, keep it up and bring back the Crabtree we once knew years ago!!!!! Thanks!

• Visited March 2014