“Lovely breakfast”
Review of Oak Tree Mobile - CLOSED

Oak Tree Mobile
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: We've done the Cafe, now it's time to go mobile. OakTree Mobile - Catering for all Occasions Oaktree Mobile is Now ready and waiting for your call. You make the order, your buffet your way. We'll make it fresh and deliver it to your door. No soggy or dried up sandwiches!!! We will deliver within a five mile radius of Hemel Hempstead. If its breakfast Buffet you're looking for, we take orders from Monday to Friday and deliver to your door. Orders need to be over 6 People so get your friends or work colleagues together and give us a call. If you're looking for lunch or Evening Buffets there is a huge choice from Hot Buffets and Jacket potatoes to Salads, Sandwiches, Wraps & Cold buffets. We take orders Monday to Friday and deliver fresh to your door, at the time you want it, Again minimum order of 6 People for the buffets, so get your office orders together and give us a call. We pride ourselves on fresh, quality food. Oak tree Mobile can also provide hot or cold buffets for all your catering needs whether it is the office Christmas party or a surprise birthday tea, A Christening, Wedding or a Wake, Festival, Filming Location, Even if you fancy doing a dinner party or even a BBQ but don't fancy cooking, Oak tree mobile is here to help.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This small and vibrant cafe is the place to go if you are visiting the area and not keen on standard hotel breakfast buffets.

Warm plates and freshly made food is what you will get at this cafe with a range of choices from builders breakfast to smoked salmon, poached egg and hollandaise sauce. It's no wonder it's received 5* from most reviewers. I am always sceptical about cafés, but this lays all my apprehensions to rest. Will definitely go again

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had been recommended to try this cafe and am I pleased I finally did!

So refreshing to experience a clean, well run cafe serving fantastic reasonably priced food!
I am tempted not to publicise too widely for fear that I won't be able to get a table in the future!

Food is freshly prepared, with a wide ranging menu on offer. We had a late lunch of scampi and baguette. Very enjoyable and well worth the short trip from Hemel. Plus. Parking (free for the first hour) immediately opposite - so no excuse not to experience this great little cafe for yourself.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Took my son in the other day, we both had the builder's breakfast. The food was hot, locally sourced, home cooked and really tasty. Service was fast and friendly and the decor is great. My son had a milkshake with his and commented that it was better than Cafe Nero! This is praise indeed as he is a connoisseur of milkshakes!! All of it came to a very reasonable price, and how much better it is to give custom to a family run business rather than a big chain. Will definitely be returning to this gem of a cafe set in a pretty village.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Undiscovered Gem

Arranging a meeting with my business partner somewhere between Leighton Buzzard and Hendon, usually ends up in Hemel Hempstead and usually at an overpriced and soulless restaurant chain.
In order to avoid this uninviting option, we located a real undiscovered gem in the surprisingly quiet and pretty village of Boxmoor, with traditional cricket green and the famous Grand Union Canal within walking distance.

The interior was cool, comfortable and country style and we received a warm welcome from our hosts, Steve and Sue, along with their display of patience to our 3 table moves, our special request away from their extensive all day breakfast/ lunch menu and our schoolboy banter (kindly laughing at the right times).

They even closed the door on the kitchen to increase the air con system, nearly roasting the chef in the process and all this in addition to a great food experience at budget prices.

Only 2 concerns: The Oak Tree Cafe will not remain a secret for long, so we’ll have to book to get in next time and secondly, I don’t know if they’ll let us back in!

In terms of cafés - this is a classic.

1  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went to The Oaktree cafe after spending the night at an old friend's in Hemel Hempstead. She recommended it and we went for breakfast.
Room: Pretty and nicely decorated, set in an old house. Staff were delightful, couldn't have been friendlier and efficient. Food: We both had the 'builder's breakfasts', which were slightly smaller portions than the bigger 'full breakfast'. (It started me thinking that Hemel hempstead builders must all be body conscious weight watchers or something).
Great ingredients, high quality seeming sausages and bacon, good tea, nice orange juice.
Price: very reasonable.