This Holiday inn express is newly built and as a result still looks clean and tidy.
The bedroom i had was on the 3rd floor and was nice. Basically the standard HIE type room but with new LED lights. Small Shower room with toilet. Everything was in order although the air con unit made a racket all night.
The downsides to this trip were the cost of Parking. There is a £5 per night charge which i think is a little excessive for an Express outside of central London. Most other Express's are free. Also on Saturday morning they had a faliure of a fuse which meant no free continental breakfast (Although they had juices etc - no food as such), but to be honest i was not that hungry anyway.
There is a nice pub accross from the hotel right on the lock, which serves a very nice evening meal, and the location is quite nice. To find the hotel from the M25, exit at Jun 20 and follow the signs for Kings Langley. Stay on the road into St Albans and you will come accross it after 10 minutes on your left. If your coming from the M1, exit at Junction 8, follow the road to Hell's roundabout and then signs towards Kings Langey / Apsley. Again about 10/15 mins depending on traffic.
Overall, not a bad stay. if you can get a deal then go for it. Check the price of the holiday inn which is local and if there is no difference and you are just getting your head down, then head over to that and save the £5.00 parking charge !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the well-linked Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead hotel, a short drive from local businesses and 2 minutes' walk from Apsley train station. The inviting Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead is just 10 minutes by car from the handy A4251, M1 and M25. You can take off from London Luton Airport, 25 minutes' drive away, and reach central London in 30 minutes by train. We offer free parking on-site and you can set yourself up for the day with an inclusive buffet breakfast in our comfortable Great Room. Book a meeting for 40 in one of our 3 meeting rooms and stay connected with free Wi-Fi. We're 10 minutes' drive from local companies on Maylands Avenue and Breakspear Way. You can take to the slopes at the The Snow Centre in 5 minutes. Our family rooms sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children under 12 and kids stay free when sharing a room with parents. Spend a relaxing evening with friends over drinks or dinner in the Great Room lounge or simply relax in your comfortable and convenient guest room with modern decor, an en-suite with power shower and a 32-inch flatscreen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn