“Good location for commuting to London”

Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
South Yorkshire
“Good location for commuting to London”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nice rooms clean and tidy no complaints here. We had forgotten out toothbrushes and when asked for the complimentary ones were told none available so. The day after requested other complimentary items which also they had none. Not good baring in mind the notice in the bathroom reminding you these could be requested.

Breakfast was limited but nice..... The area containing the food is way too small for the amount of people and quite dangerous with people bumping into each other with hot food and drinks. This is constructive criticism , maybe have a queue system which I have expiriences in many hotels in London to limit the flow of.people or move the drinks elsewhere in the dining room.

Overall though a good stay for the price. And do shop around I was told by the hotel when enquiring about rates there's would be the cheapest and they don't sell out to other companies. Be aware that they do as we got a cheaper deal through an online travel company so shop around !!!!!!!! Feel mislead express holiday inn !!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
GMHemel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Maz57SouthYorkshire, thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am extremely sorry to hear that we had run out of the 'forgotten something' toothbrush and toothpaste and for the other item you had also requested. We will ensure our ordering of these items is looked at to ensure we have sufficient stock in future. I am pleased to hear that you liked our rooms and breakfast and thank you for the feedback on the queue system which we will be sure to look into. May I also apologise that you were mis led with the information with your booking - we do offer a best price guarantee so I will be looking into this after your feedback from your stay.
Thank you again and we do hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Suzannah Richardson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Staying here from 13 oct to 19 Oct 13 for a business trip.

Location wise good, across the road is Apsley station and you can go directly to Euston (30 mins) and go around central of London.
Also walkable to Sainsbury hypermart.
Peaceful place to rest.

Standard room and standard bath room, although they have problem with the drainage for the shower, it always stagnant and need to wait few minutes until the water can flow to the drain.
Because whole day outside, so I didn't bother much to comment and ask to change room. I think you can fixed the drainage on room 232 please.

The tv channel also not much, but still viewable.

They clean the room everyday.

WIfi connection not bad, the speed still in the average.

Breakfast everyday is the same, so after 2 days i started to eat my cup noodles.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMHemel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Mikhairov, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.. I'm am pleased that you found our location to be convenient for the station and local amenities. Thank you for advising us of your room number - we have already looked at the drainage in that room to ensure that this is now cleared. I am sorry that you did not like the options available on our free breakfast buffet offering and do hope this will not deter you from using Holiday Inn Express in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here the weekend of the 19th. Prebooked on the internet and entered my card details incorrectly I received a call 2 days before my stay from an incredibly rude person saying if I hadn't paying by 5 my room would be cancelled. Checked my bank rang back and realised my mistake. The call could have been handled much better. I said I hadn't got any calls from this number. I was told in no uncertain terms I had recorded 2 calls! When we got to the hotel we were given a key. No hello no directions on how to find the room (granted an idiot can follow signs) but it's nice to be pointed in the right direction. The room itself was clean and comfy enough. The bathroom was a nightmare not sure if they were all like this but ours had a hideous plastic shower seat and was a wet room. The wet room bit is fine until you slip and you have water all over the bathroom. because the shower seat sticks out so far you wollop the seat if you get to close to the shower. I had a 'river facing room' nice and quiet :) and a big thumbs up to the maids who were nice and quiet no loud voices and no banging trolleys :) breakfast was free but crap. No real choice. All there was hot wise was sausage. Beans and scramble egg. Granted your bot going to please everyone but more choice would have been better. We sacked breakfast of for mcdonalds the second morning. When we checked out the woman serving was also unfriendly. She didn't ask how out stay was nor did she seam to care.
Location wise ideal. Easy to get to and down the road from sainsbury. And a pub over the road which looked nice enough.
We paid 90 for 2 nights if I had paid full price 125 ( or there abouts) I would be wanting a hell of a discount this isn't a 125 quid a room it's a 50 pound room at most. It's basic and the staff don't care. If you want a place to lay your heAd that's fine but if you want someone to say hello and your stomach full the next morning don't bother.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ruthadie09
DeputyGM2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Good afternoon Ruth,

Sorry you didn't enjoy your recent stay.

We fully accept and take on board the points you have raised, which I am currently looking into and hope after today during our monthly meeting they will no longer prove a problem for our valued guests.

Thank you for the time taken to list your experience and I hope it doesn't deter you from using the brand IHG Hotels for any forthcoming experiences.

Should you want to discuss this matter further please contact me direct at the hotel.

Michael
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I visited this hotel for an overnight stay on the 18th of October 2013.
It was my 3.5year anniversary with my boyfriend and we decided to visit Harry Potter Studios. We wanted somewhere comfortable but inexpensive.

I was VERY impressed with this hotel. It was clean, modern and the staff were friendly. We checked in around 6:30pm and were met by a very polite, friendly female staff member. Our booking was checked and we were given a card for our hotel key, told about the free breakfast timings and asked if we wanted the wifi code. We were also told where I room was located which really helped us find it quickly.
On entering the room, I was a bit confused by the electrics, you need to pop your card in a slot in the wall to activate them, however once done, the room was fantastic. Clean, modern, everything you might need. It was comfortable to stay in for the evening, it gave me one of the best nights sleep I've ever had, the bed was so comfortable, i wanted to take it home with me!

Bedding was clean, we had a set of firm pillows and a set of soft pillows which was again, fantastic as my partner wants firm and I want soft. We forgot our shampoo and shower gel but some was in the shower so we were well provided for.

After my lovely nights sleep, we wondered down to the breakfast at 10am, as it's hidden behind a wall, the receptionist (who looked like a manager) told us where it was and what to do. We found the choices really good, hot food, sausages, egg and baked beans with toast. Pastries, cereals, semi skinned milk, tea, coffee, orange juice and fruit. Perfect for everyone's diets.

Afterwards, we went back upstairs and had enough time to relax, pack and set ourselves for travel without having to rush out as check in was 12pm. We left at half 11.

I'd stay there again and again. It was a fantastic nights sleep and I'd recommend it for a weekend stay.

Room Tip: I got room 321 which was facing the back and away from the road. Floor 3.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Renate
Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay. It is so lovely to hear such fantastic feedback and its these comments that make our day as we love to make our guests feel at home. I have shared your review with the team who were extremely pleased that they had made your stay so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms small, beds very uncomfortable. shower room stinks of mould and damp. High powered halogen lamp outside shining through window all night . Tight with the coffee tea sugar milk . Expensive drink. Receptionist nice and friendly the only good point

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Peter2013k
GMHemel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I am sorry to hear your comments regarding your recent stay with us. If you could please contact me on gm@expresshemel.co.uk so that I can find your reservation details and look into the room issues you have mentioned. Great to hear the lovely comments about the team which will be shared with them.
Regards,
Atherstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Love the hotel and location, rooms lovely and clean! Staff on arrival really nice but rooms weren't ready, not a problem made payments on the 3 rooms we booked. Got back about 8pm with tired kids and adults to face an arrogant ''git'' on the reception so unhelpful, spoke down to us and generally unhelpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank marie-ann p
DeputyGM2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead, responded to this review, 14 October 2013

I would very much like an opportunity to discuss your recent stay with us on a one to one basis.

Please contact me on:

Michael
deputy@expresshemel.co.uk
01442 206 600
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I find this a very OK hotel. Especially for an Express hotel to be. It seems quite new and/or well kept. I stayed at this hotel for four nights and had breakfast two of the days. Quite basic selection, but anyway what you need. Tasty sausages too. WiFi available everywhere in the hotel, and a stable signal. The bed was to my liking, and I slept well. Also, the room temperature was good. A clean and modern bathroom incl. a LED night lamp (great so you don't need to switch on the full light) and - worth to mention in England - the tap is a modern one-handle system and not the separate hot/cold taps often seen in the Country. The bar in the reception area serves some basic but very OK dishes, and often they have a meal/drink combo at a favorable price too. As it is likely I will have more stays in the area, I will definitely try to book this hotel as my first choice.

Room Tip: Room in 5th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Great to hear that you enjoyed our free WiFi and enjoyed our free breakfast as well as having a good nights sleep. It is always our aim to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon on your return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, ...
#6 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Shendish Manor Hotel
Shendish Manor Hotel
#4 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Cent...
#3 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
#2 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Premier Inn Kings Langley Hotel
Premier Inn Kings Langley Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kings Langley
Jurys Inn London Watford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead? Share your experiences!