Stayed overnight on a couple of chilly September days, & the AirCon was still on in public area so was uncomfortable to stay in lounge too long & many people were visibly cold at breakfast. Free WiFi is a bonus but as a lone female didn't like having to go to lounge to use it - why charge for it in the rooms, would much prefer to access it in the room where there is a convenient desk. Rooms were clean but much, much smaller than expected; I always prefer a bath but it only had a shower cubicle which I suppose helps to keep rooms small. Location by the river is a plus - it's worthwhile walking along the canal, taking in the narrowboats, etc and I had a nice meal at the nearby vegetarian restaurant. I didn't appreciate the £5 car park charge - should be free for guests - and it wasn't made clear on the website when booking that the charge expires the following day at midday. If you don't have change for the meter, they'll put the charge on your bill (which is helpful), but you have to get a hand-written voucher to display in the windscreen (which means running back and forth between the first floor carpark and the 2nd floor reception). For £5 I expected it was a 24-hr parking charge so, as I arrived around 5pm, I had planned to stay in the area leaving my car parked until 5pm on checkout day. So be warned; whatever time you put a ticket on your car, it's an overnight charge & expires automatically. Having said that, I found the male receptionist quite flexible and helpful on parking. On the reception/check-in - I definitely didn't like that it's at one end of the bar and right adjacent to the lounge area - it makes it imppossible to have a discreet check-in and, as I said being a lone female other people possibly hearing my room number from the overly-loud lady on reception wasn't an ideal start - when in the lounge you hear every person's conversation who comes to reception. The breakfast was OK, having breakfast included made the rate charged more reasonable. All in all I would stay again - & even recommend it - I'd just remember to bring a woolly jumper with me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the well-linked Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead hotel, a short drive from local businesses and 2 minutes' walk from Apsley train station. The inviting Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead is just 10 minutes by car from the handy A4251, M1 and M25. You can take off from London Luton Airport, 25 minutes' drive away, and reach central London in 30 minutes by train. We offer free parking on-site and you can set yourself up for the day with an inclusive buffet breakfast in our comfortable Great Room. Book a meeting for 40 in one of our 3 meeting rooms and stay connected with free Wi-Fi. We're 10 minutes' drive from local companies on Maylands Avenue and Breakspear Way. You can take to the slopes at the The Snow Centre in 5 minutes. Under-18s stay for free when sharing with their parents in one of Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead's welcoming family rooms. Spend a relaxing evening with friends over drinks or dinner in the Great Room lounge or simply relax in your newly refurbished guest room with modern decor, an en-suite with power shower and a 32-inch flatscreen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn