The staff (Marcie and Lee) were so very helpful and so friendly. We were amazed at how family friendly they were with unsolicited suggestions and actions from our first conversation. They were kind and made us feel as if they couldn't do enough for my two girls (7 and 12) and me. It was my first time in the Express version of Holiday Inn and I wasn't sure what to expect from the room, breakfast facilities etc. Other people's write ups made it seem on the functional, impersonal, very basic side. The room was indeed on the small side but absolutely adequate, stylish, clean and likeable. After all we only wanted it for a good nights sleep, shower and a bit of telly. Breakfast was super; mini pain au chocoalate, fresh orange pieces, cereals, sausages, scrambled eggs, yoghourts, croissants, fruit and more. Not the full service in more expensive hotels but much much more than enough, especially remembering childrens' breakfast choices anyway. The serving area (self service) was on the small side. It was completely adequate for when we had breakfast but I did see it look crowded quite quickly.
We sat in an airy pleasant area with a lovely breakfast, reading the complimentary copy of the Independent and had an excellent start to our day at Legoland. It was a bit too far there to be really comfortable (35 minutes but no M25 holdups) however I would almost certainly return for a similar trip to Legoland purely on the very good value and welcome , never mind the very reasonable price. Incidentally, directly opposite the rear of the hotel was a pleasant looking pub that seemed to be family /food type overlooking water that a family could spend the evening in. The nearby village of Aspley (?) had lseveral eating out faciilities. I would not want to spend a week there with the family as it does not have gym, family rooms,pool etc. But , to repeat myself, terrific value, staff that cared and everything you could reasonably expect for a straightforward 2/3 night stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the well-linked Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead hotel, a short drive from local businesses and 2 minutes' walk from Apsley train station. Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead is just 10 minutes by car from the handy A4251, M1 and M25. You can take off from London Luton Airport, 25 minutes' drive away, and reach central London in 30 minutes by train. Just 5 miles from the Harry Potter Warner Bros Tour. We offer free parking on-site and a buffet breakfast is included. Book a meeting for 40 in one of our 3 meeting rooms and stay connected with free Wi-Fi. You can take to the slopes at The Snow Centre in 5 minutes. Our family rooms sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children under 12 and kids stay free when sharing a room with parents. Spend a relaxing evening with friends over drinks or dinner in the Great Room lounge or simply relax in your comfortable and convenient guest room with modern decor, an en-suite with power shower and a 32-inch flatscreen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn