A few things about this hotel:
The hotel is rarely fully booked, which means that you can usually get a good deal (Unlike the Holiday Inn at J8, Hemel Hempstead). I only paid £42 per night this time and booked 2 days in advance.
As with all Holiday Inn Express's you won't get any bells and whistles, but it was clean and tidy. The main differences between the normal holiday inns, and the holiday inn express are:
1. Limited restaurant and bar (although this one is situated next door to a nice pub / restaurant)
2. No bath - shower only. The showers always have shampoo / shower gel on the wall in a dispenser, as opposed to the small bottles you get in normal Holiday Inn's
3. No irons in rooms - you can go to reception to collect them if you want.
4. No leisure facilities.
If you can cope with that, they are half the price of normal Holiday Inns.
On this hotel in particular - it is directly opposite Apsley train station, with a reasonable service into London Euston. It is next door to a sainsbury's supermarket if you need anything, and there are plenty of places to eat nearby. On the downside, the parking is not free - a personal bugbear of mine, as I think it should be included in the price of the hotel.
All in all, it's not a bad hotel for a quick business stopover, but not for longer stays, - and I wouldn't recommend it for leisure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the well-linked Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead hotel, a short drive from local businesses and 2 minutes' walk from Apsley train station. The inviting Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead is just 10 minutes by car from the handy A4251, M1 and M25. You can take off from London Luton Airport, 25 minutes' drive away, and reach central London in 30 minutes by train. We offer free parking on-site and you can set yourself up for the day with an inclusive buffet breakfast in our comfortable Great Room. Book a meeting for 40 in one of our 3 meeting rooms and stay connected with free Wi-Fi. We're 10 minutes' drive from local companies on Maylands Avenue and Breakspear Way. You can take to the slopes at the The Snow Centre in 5 minutes. Our family rooms sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children under 12 and kids stay free when sharing a room with parents. Spend a relaxing evening with friends over drinks or dinner in the Great Room lounge or simply relax in your comfortable and convenient guest room with modern decor, an en-suite with power shower and a 32-inch flatscreen TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead Hotel Hemel Hempstead
- Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead
- Hemel Hempstead Holiday Inn