“First time stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“First time stay”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

It was our first trip to Hemel Hempstead and had an engagement party at Hemel Hempstead Cricket Club, and was advised by a relative to stay at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central as it was close to the venue we needed to attend.

When we got off the M1 motorway to head towards the hotel we came across the Big roundabout which is very confusing especially when your trying to look for where we are meant to be heading. Our sat nav directed us to the front of the hotel we couldnt find the car park, so my boyfriend had pulled over by a roundabout whilst I went to ask for directions. I went to the hotel reception and was greeted by a lovely member of staff called Hayley, I explained to her that we are trying to find the carpark, Hayley had asked where abouts we had parked and I explained we was by the roundabout and advised us not to drive down Moor End Road carpark due to cameras that issues £60 fines, I said we had seen that but turned round before we went through the bus lane and went further up. Hayley had printed off a very clear copy of directions for me and talked me through them and also explained that it was a multi storey carpark that we was looking out for on the right hand side, she also gave me the hotels direct number incase we still couldn't find it. I went back to the car with the directions and found the carpark with no problems, from the Big Roundabout there is not clear signs of where Riverside shopping carpark is. On the directions Hayley had printed off for me it said to park on level 3 of the carpark and follow signs to the footbridge where then you will see Premier Inn Hotel right at the end of the pathway.

When my Boyfriend and I got to the Hotel, it was really nice clean and tidy. We followed signs to the reception where Hayley greeted my boyfriend and i with a smile. Check in was really straight forward with Hayley, she was very polite and friendly, she offered us the breakfast choices and also offered a meal deal package which we both thought was very good value £22.00 for a 3 course meal, a drink and breakfast next morning and asked if we would like to book a table but had said to Hayley we was here for an engagement party but no doubt we will be back again soon and we will take up on that offer of the meal deal. Hayley asked where our party was being held and gave us directions to get there which was really helpful and also said we can book a taxi through reception if we decided not to walk. I have stayed at many Premier Inns before but never have been given this much help on the area, my boyfriend and I thought Hayley had made our trip a lot easier as we was very unsure on what direction we needed to go in for our evening party. She even took time to mention the Goodnight Guarantee with us and informed us that reception is open 24 hours and that at 11pm the mains doors are locked but we can access the hotel by using our room key at the main door which will open the doors. Hayley gave us our room key and gave us directions to our room, offered to help with our luggage and explained that we would need to insert our key card into the lift for security purposes to access our bedroom floor level. And she ended our check in by saying 'have a lovely evening at the party this evening' which was really nice of her.

When we got to our room, the room was spacious very clean and tidy and decor was really nice. The only problem we found is the room was really cold and did take a while for the room to heat up. The receptionist (sorry cant remember their name) had called our room to see if everything was ok with our room and offered the information that irons and ironing boards are downstairs if we require one, I did mention the room being quite cold when we got into the room. 10 minutes after the phone call Hayley was upstairs with an extra heater for us, which we didnt expect, and Hayley said we could keep this on in the room to help with the room tempreture. My boyfriend and I really could not fault Hayley at all.

At 8pm we went down to the bar for a quick drink before leaving the hotel and Hayley and the receptionist both said how lovely and smart we looked, the bar staff was just as friendly. We asked the bar staff member who the Manager was on shift as we really wanted to leave postive feedback regarding everyone we had been in contact with and they informed me Hayley was the manager on duty. I feel that the team working that are an asset to the company and really made us feel welcome and went that extra mile with us, which is what brings me on to here writting my feedback regarding our stay.

The team at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central that we had come across have been absolutley amazing, so if your looking for a hotel within Hemel Hempstead I would definatley recommend this Hotel because of the staff and also the hotel is very central to the town, shops are only 2 minutes away and where it is located you dont hear much noise either from the outside and the team there also made our night out in Hemel enjoyable as well.

Room Tip: Top tip I can think of hasnt got anything to do with the rooms but only the carpark and best way to...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MISTERMISSES

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
England
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed on a Saturday night as we were going to a birthday party nearby.

The room was a nice nice and spotless. The location is brilliant being right next to the town so is perfect if you want to have a look around the shops.

We came back from the party quite late but was impressed that the bar was still open and ended up staying in it until 2am. It is open all night if you wanted to stay longer.
We chatted to Tina who is one fo the staff and she was really nice and very helpful.

If i had to go back to Hemel, I would use this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone.

The car park is free if you get your ticket stamped by reception however, it was quite hard to find. They give you a Sat nav postcode to help you find it but I still had to ring them for directions as it took me to their front door - the car park is on the opposite side of the road but is linked by a bridge.

Top quality though - thank you

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilBJ10
London
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Stayed here last Saturday whilst visiting friends. Very good value. Spotlessly clean. Nice and quiet. Free parking. Really helpful and friendly staff on reception and in the breakfast room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JaneMLondon
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Stayed in this hotel on many occassons due to the standard of service, cleanliness of room and location. Never had reason to complain, and even considering most of my business is in London,l still prefer to travel out to this hotel, rather than pay more and book into a lesser standard hotel in the city centre.
Apart from their excellent breakfast I've not eaten in the restaurant due to the fact there are some good restaurants close by.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Recently stayed here for two nights All the staff were very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble. We ate in the restaurant, the food was of a very good standard and not over priced. Would reccomend this premier inn very highly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed twice in this hotel within last two years (last time this November).

Positives are:
Good central location in town, close to high street and within close proximity to M1, M25 and A41
Relatively new building and rooms
There is a number of restaurants nearby+Debenhams, TK Maxx and Marks and Spencer all close by
Competitive pricing
Friendly personel. Upon mentioning the problem with very hot room a fan was brought up within 5 mins
Kettle is provided for evening drinks which is not always a standard even in 4/5 * hotels nowadays

Negatives
We stayed on 4th floor, room 430. The temperature in the corridor was close to boiling. The hotel personal confirmed they were aware of the problem but apparently nothing could have been done to resolve this
Room felt steaming hot in the evening too
There were disgusting large dark red stains on the carpet. Upon reporting that hotel manager in response informed us that all rooms were thoroughly cleaned out just a week before.....
Upon arrival we were reminded 3 (three) times about a breakfast served in hotel restaurant (which we didn't opt for at the time of booking). However no one found it necessary to mention that a car park adjacent to the hotel is free for visitors and we only heard about it from a receptionist upon checking out?!
Hotel employees appeared to be unaware of Internet services offered by a hotel and it took quite a while to get a clear explanation.
We had to pay £5.00 for 1 hour 30min voucher while requiring just 5 mins to check emails. No lower cost vouchers were available.
Hotel shower (and its design is below basic) and appeared to have been borrowed from last century. It is fixed to the wall and hence can't be removed to be held in a hand if required
No usual bath accessories (soap, shampoo, shower gel) were provided. Only stuff from wall mounted dispensers is available.

In overall acceptable hotel to sleep over for a couple of nights but could have been better provided all those small minuses were rectified.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My Mother was unfortunately taken ill in the early hours of Friday the 18th of December while staying at this hotel.

The staff were exceptional and went well above and beyond their duties to look after a woman travelling alone to somewhere she has never been before.

An extremely special mention to the receptionist Robyn who kept my Mother company while waiting for the paramedics to arrive and after.

I cannot express my gratitude enough for the wonderful staff of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo