“tops again”

Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Having stayed in a premier inn before i knew what to exspect i was not diapointed the staf were super very friendly and Annie on reception ;nothing was to much troublefor her We went to a wedding my family & I stayed 3 nights there was 6 of us staying in three rooms we all booked breackfast (eat as much as you like) it was FAB the drinks in the bar were very reasonablethe whole package was verry good value the rooms were clean the only small complaint the rooms even numbers got the full sun and the air condition did not cool the room down i was told air conditioning was going to be upgraded.

Room Tip: g o for odd numbers ie room 237 was super
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank You for your lovely feedback about your stay with us at Hemel Hempstead Central. I will pass on your feedback to Ani who will be delighted about your kind words. I am pleased you found the whole package very reasonable and very good value.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We arrived as a family of 4 (2 children, aged 1 & 3) for a family room. Very easy to find, parking was free in the adjacent multistory which was fantastic (there is a walkway/bridge which leads straight from the carpark to the entrance to the hotel, so easy to negotiate with the 2 children & accompanying luggage!!!) where you can come and go. The family room (309) was a very reasonable size (we have stayed in Premier Inn family rooms MUCH smaller!!) It was ready with 2 extra beds made up PLUS a travel cot (we had requested a travel cot for the youngest) so there would have actually been enough space for 3 children, if required!! Bathroom was well lit with a bath (required for such young children!) and a lovely, powerful shower (required to de-stress parents!!!) there were also enough towels (normally we end up requesting more, as they seem to forget that even children require towels and generally make quite a mess with bathwater!)

Staff were all super friendly and welcoming. We bought breakfast (adults only paid for, as usual children were free!) really lovely breakfast, nice restaurant with pleasant views & airy (large windows), lovely staff. Breakfast was served hot and fast!!

Our only complaint was that about the airconditioning (temperature of the room) and beds. The old airconditioning unit in the room didnt appear to be working properly. It was very noisy and we were unable to leave it on over night, the loud noise upset our children. The room was very stuffy, we had the window open a crack after the children went to bed but I was concerned about this due to our 3 year old having her bed right next to it and the possibility that she might start dropping things out the window if she got the thought! The beds were also extremely uncomfortable. Our son, who is just 1, slept in the travel cot provided. it was VERY hard (base) and he could not get comfortable, despite sleeping in a travel cot many times. We tried padding it out with excess bedding and tried to get creative with what we had (the only bedding provided for the cot was a bottom sheet & a thin blanket.) In the end we had to bring him into bed with us, as he was wriggling and kept crying. He is much too young to sleep in a normal bed on his own and would have rolled out. Our double bed was very lumpy, and I could feel what felt like springs through the mattress. My daughter (age 3) slept in a spare bed in the room, she was uncomfortable and woke several times in the night. having slept on her bed with her to try to comfort her in the night, it was also very uncomfortable. My husband is not very fussy about beds, but even he couldn't get to sleep.

Combine this with a hot, stuffy room and uncomfortable beds, we were up half the night trying to pacify the children and were wishing we had driven straight home after our family event rather than stayed the night!!!

When we checked out, we told the member of staff. At first we felt she was kinda just giving off excuses, as she said that all the beds were the exact same spec and that the travel cot was for under 1's only so that was why it would have been uncomfortable (it was rock hard, I hardly doubt a newborn would be able to get comfortable on that!) She also said that they were going to be replacing the airconditioning shortly, as they are aware they are outdated and can be noisy but the noise they make is, apparently, normal. But then after telling us this she offered to refund our room rate for the night, since we had such a bad night sleep. That certainly helped to make us feel a bit chirpier! We figured that perhaps the airconditioning had been a problem for a few people...... (thank goodness it hasn't been a HOT summer!!!)

I think we would come back again, location was fab, espec with free parking. I think it would be useful for staying with children and popping into london on the train and we might try it when they are both a couple years older! I think having the airconditioning replaced would be a BIG help. I think if I came back I would probably request a second duvet to put under me on the bed, to help pad things out a bit and make things a bit more comfortable!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but be assured that the incident will be investigated to ensure it does not happen again. We do hope that your refund reaffirmed to you our commitment to ensuring our guests enjoy their stay.

Thank you again for your review; we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We wanted a no fuss place to stay to get our heads down after a family celebration. The room was clean and comfortable, if a little cosy and a bit too warm.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay. I am pleased that you found our hotel everything you wanted whilst you was visiting for a family celebration.

We hope you had a lovely evening and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Ive stayed in Premier Inns before and love their philosophy of making their customers feel special. Outstanding check-in process, I was found a room at 8 o/c in the morning even though room occupancy normally starts at 14:00.

Room was very clean and very comfortable.

Best of all, parking in the shopping centre car park was completely free.

Well done Premier Inn, I'll stay with you again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your stay at our Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that the staff made you feel special throughout your stay at the hotel. We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This was our overnight accommodation before and after a wedding. Pleasure to stay there. Staff every welcoming and supportive. It was chosen for its convenience and competitive costing. Great value for money. Room 401 was massive and very comfortable. The staff could not have been more helpful. It was the most peaceful hotel I have ever visited. I had to change our booking. The call centre were very helpful and got a complicated booking exactly right.
Only one problem - the parking. Difficult to find and a bit complicated to use.

1  Thank Chris J
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for your lovely comment about our hotel. I am pleased you found the staff very welcoming and supportive. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

This hotel is fab, it's just round the corner from my work, thus the reason I use it, it has a bar and restaurants, great food and drink choices, and the service is superb.
The bedding always crisp and clean and smelling fresh, room looked after every day and I'm not the best at keeping all my belongings in one place, but I always come back to a tidy room and fresh towels!

Room Tip: Avoid the access units and ask for ones on the river side, away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Themadhatter1
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank You for leaving lovely feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased to see that you are happy with the service we provide within the hotel. We shall look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We chose this hotel as it was near to the Warner Bros Studio's. It was definitely value for money - £78 for 3 of us in a family room; including evening meal deal (3 course meal + drink) and full buffet breakfast.
Our room was clean and well maintained (and I'm fussy when it comes to clean rooms!!) as was the rest of the hotel. the members of staff that we had dealings with were courteous and polite and very helpful - qualities which really do make a difference to the customer!
The hotel emailed us prior to arrival providing clear directions to the car park (free parking as hotel validate your ticket). These directions were extremely useful as the entrance would have been a bit tricky to find otherwise.
Would definitely stay in this hotel again, and would recommend to others.

1  Thank gemboss
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank You for leaving us your lovely feedback about your stay at Our Hotel. I am pleased to know that you found our email with the carpark directions useful. We shall look forward to seeing you again soon.