“Excellent Service”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
All over the UK
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

This has to be one of the best PTI's I have stayed in ( and there have been many ) , The receptionist was fantastic and you could tell she wanted to help you and not just going through the motions. The rooms were clean and followed the PTI'S layout. I will defiantly stay here again. Thank You

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

I am pleased you had a lovely stay at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central. Thank you for the lovely feedback about our receptionist.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here for a single Saturday night as the base for our early trip into London on the Sunday morning and it worked briliantly.
We arrived and quickly found the entrance to the hotel where there was a small pay & display car park opposite. However, a quick chat with the reception through the front door intercom and we were soon parked up in the Riverside car par which has a foot bridge over (park on level 3 or 4) to the hotel. The hotel validate your ticket so that is free and whilst it says the car park closes overnight you can still exit and we left at c 6am the next day without problem.
A very pleasant and efficient greeting at the reception. Having stayed at Premier Inn before we are familiar with the format etc. so we were quickly in the room. This was spotlesly clean and has all of the facilities that you will expect in such a room. The rooms were a good size, quiet & comfortable. No issues at all.
We chose to eat in the attached restaurant which again is a pretty standard format. That said, we experienced very attentive & efficient service. We both ate from the "2 for £12-50" option which we felt was very good value for money. The food was tasty, warm and well presented and all plates were returned clean. We both had the crispy chicken strip salad; was a bit more salad than chicken but otherwise no complaints. The air conditioning was perhaps a little aggresive on this particular night being at the back end of a hot week weather wise but this would be our only real complaint about our stay.
Overall, a faultless good value stop over and one we would certainyl use as a base for a London break again in future.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a lovely meal in our restaurant and found the prices to be good value.

We hope to see you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stayed for three nights over a weekend. Free parking in multi storey nearby. I know the area so it was very easy to find the hotel. Check in was really efficient. The staff were friendly and concerened I had a room which was quiet, as I'd just arrived following a long haul flight. One member of staff insisted on escorting me to my room to check it was on a quiet floor away from the lift etc.....the hotel staff recruitment and training must be exceptional, because each member of staff were knowledgable, polite, friendly and willing to help without prompting. As a single woman travelling alone certain policies to increase safety eg not placing you at the end of a corridor on the lower level, were much appreciated. The rooms are the same in every Premier Inn, but despite the identikit appearance, the rooms I've stayed in have always been spacious, clean and bright. I didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but the dining area was quite busy each time I walked by. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to be in the West Herts area, as it's incredible value for money. The train station isn't too far away and trains go into London Euston and for drivers the main motorways M1 and M25 are easily accessible.

Room Tip: Let the staff know if you have special requirements, they will certainly do their utmost to meet you...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank You for your lovely feedback about your stay with us at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central. We have a very good team at Hemel Hempstead Central, so I am pleased you found them very polite, friendly and willing to help without prompting. I will pass your lovely comments on to the team here. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have stayed at premier inn before and is always our first choice. This hotel was no exception- clean, new and fantastic staff. My daughter has a nut allergy and the waitress at breakfast specifically checked as to whether what my daughter wanted had nuts in- not just advised not to eat if we were concerned. My toddler left her pink rabbit when we left and when we phoned upon returning home was told it had been found and would be posted out to us- arrived 3 days later. Both these levels of service, combined with a great choice of breakfast and the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel mean we will choose Premier Inn over other hotel chains.

Room Tip: not a room but would advise leaving time to get into car park as can be a problem at peak times due...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank You for your lovely feedback about your stay with us at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central. I am pleased your found your stay with us clean and comfortable.

We will look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I've been here for two nights, the hotel is close to a commercial area and it is convenient if you have to go for work over there.
I have found the bed very comfortable, an the bathroom was also big enough.
I did not try the restaurant but the breakfast is more or less ok, even if most of the things are salty and I prefer something sweet in the morning.
Only problem, the wifi reception was not good in the room and free only for 30 minutes: too short, give at least one hour per day, better completely free as nowadays it's a must

• Stayed July 2012
Thank You for your lovely feedback about your stay with us at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central. I am sorry you found our wifi reception poor whilst you was in your room and this will be looked into. Unfortunatley the increase to free wifi one hour per day is out of our control and we are unable to change this, but I can put your comment across to the wifi provider.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room very comfortable. We will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Haven't stayed in a Premier Inn for a few years and not in a famiyl room before. Was pleasantly surprised by the amount of room in the family rooms and the moderness and comfort of the room. Staff were friendly and helpful. They didn't mind getting and warming milk for my little one. The breakfast although a little expensive was good when you consider that the kids ate free and there was a great selection. My son eats very few things but we even found some things for him at breakfast so that is good going! Only slight con is that drinks in bar were little expensive but that may be the going rate these days (we don't get out much!). It was great location for shops and restaurants and base for visiting friends in Hemel area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central. I am happy you found our staff friendly and helpful throughout your stay with us.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Having stayed in a premier inn before i knew what to exspect i was not diapointed the staf were super very friendly and Annie on reception ;nothing was to much troublefor her We went to a wedding my family & I stayed 3 nights there was 6 of us staying in three rooms we all booked breackfast (eat as much as you like) it was FAB the drinks in the bar were very reasonablethe whole package was verry good value the rooms were clean the only small complaint the rooms even numbers got the full sun and the air condition did not cool the room down i was told air conditioning was going to be upgraded.

Room Tip: g o for odd numbers ie room 237 was super
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank You for your lovely feedback about your stay with us at Hemel Hempstead Central. I will pass on your feedback to Ani who will be delighted about your kind words. I am pleased you found the whole package very reasonable and very good value.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.