“Utterly Brilliant!!”

Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The best Premier Inn I have ever stayed in. The staff are so friendly and caring. We had to stay due to family emergency and the service, care & concern we received from the staff was second to none. The Hotel itself is beautifully clean and well maintained, we felt very safe during our stay as you needed your room key cards to operate the lifts to the room levels. I was staying with my disabled mother and she found the facilities met her needs completely. On the occasions I was away from the hotel they helped her to get taxi's and even went with her to wait for them to arrive. Nothing was too much for them and they made what was a very difficult trip away much easier. I would recommend this hotel to everyone staying in the area over the others available, even in the same chain as the staff here really work as a team and care about their guests

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear PinktasticPippy

Thank you for taking time to complete a Review on Tripadvisor.com, we appreciate your valued comments.

Your Review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the hotel and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our valued staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central on another stay in Hemel Hempstead.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We chose this hotel because we were attending a wedding party just outside the town. This is the first Premier Inn we have stayed in and, for a budget hotel, we were very impressed. The staff were more friendly and professional than many more 'up-market' hotels we have stayed in over the years.The bedroom was functional and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was very good with food to suit all tastes. A very pleasant experience all round.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BandNGuildford

Dear BandNGuildford

Reviewed 10 October 2012

stayed here as we had tickets to take our so to the harry potter experience which is only 10 mins drive away. Never stayed in a budget hotel and was extremely surprised. Hotel had free parking right outside in the centre of town, was spotlessly clean, beds comfortable in a spacious room, staff couldnt do enough for us and the food for evening meal and breakfast was lovely. Would definately stay in a premier inn again especially when it only cost us 50 quid for 3 ppl bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear sarahball78

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on Tripadvisor.com, we appreciate your valued comments.

I am also delighted to read you found the hotel convenient for the Harry Potter Tour.

It has been our privilege to look after you at the hotel.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I booked our room here for our visit to Warner Brothers Studio Tour, it seemed well located for the trip and the price was good (£34 for a family room).

Shortly before our stay I received an email with details about meal deals available, directions to the hotel and info about parking. I was initially confused by the mention of the 'magic roundabout' but having seen it for myself I now understand (aka plough roundabout)! The place was fairly easy to find.

First impressions were good, the receptionist was very friendly and polite and I appreciated her interaction with my daughter, check in was quick.

The room and linen were very clean. The room had a few bits of paintwork that needed freshening up and a hole in the plaster in the wall, but was generally in good condition and had everything you could need - freeview tv, plenty of towels, choice of pillows, heater/cooler unit, hair dryer, tea and coffee facilities, soap and bodywash etc.

We couldn't eat our evening meal in their restaurant as they had lots of bookings (so if you pay in advance for a meal deal be sure to book your table in advance as well) so we went downstairs to the pizza express next door instead.

I slept reasonably, it's very easy to hear other people moving around the corridor and doors opening and closing etc so earplugs may aid a restful night for light sleepers.

I had prepaid £8.25 for breakfast. Unfortunately the breakfast experience was the only area of real fault I could find. When we arrived at the restaurant at around 08.15, there was one large table and maybe four or five tables of 2-4 eating and one member of staff. We stood for a couple of minutes and weren't acknowledged, it is possible she didn't see us. But then she definitely saw and still didn't acknowledge us, instead clearing a table before eventually coming over when I noticed she had a badge on saying she was a trainee, maybe this explains the bad service/rudeness but surely if she is incapable of providing good customer service independently there should have been an experienced member of staff on the floor as well. On sitting down we were informed hot breakfasts were being cooked to order this morning not the buffet as advertised and that she would be back shortly to take our order. It was almost 10 minutes before she returned despite me catching her eye several times. I ordered fried eggs on toast for my daughter and sausage, bacon, hash brown, beans and mushrooms for myself after checking how long it would take. I was getting quite irritable about the time by then as I had wanted to leave at 9am so thankfully it did only take the ten minutes I was told!

The breakfast was of the quality I would expect for a pub meal and cooked well. Despite this I wasn't pleased with the 'cooked to order' service we were provided. It meant the meal took longer then I had planned and also didn't get to chose my own portion size (maybe I should be thanking them, I would have picked two sausages but was only given one - better for my figure!). I would have appreciated at least being informed in advance of the change to the advertised breakfast service.

Checkout was once again simple and my misplaced car park ticket was dealt with quickly and easily with a phone all to the car park staff.

Overall apart from the breakfast experience I have no complaints. I have never stayed in a Premier Inn before but feel it compared favourably to the Travelodges I've stayed in, in that all of the hotel staff we encountered seemed to make a real effort to be pleasant and polite and the quality of the mattress and bedding were very good.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Rachel2809

Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I stayed there en-route from a late evening arrival at Heathrow to a holiday in Yorkshire.

Reasonable directions, convenient location, excellent parking (but a bit of a walk on the flat, so if your cases are heavy make sure they have wheels). Good late night check in, clean room, good breakfast. Right in a shopping centre with Markies, Milletts etc., so very good for picking up last minute items - in our case binoculars, wellies and sandwiches.

All boxes ticked for a en-route stop.

Very good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Dear mbalou

I am also delighted to read you found the hotel convenient for your wife and yourself whilst on your way to your holiday destination (Yorkshire).

It has been our privilege to look after you at the hotel.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is a fantastic gem of a hotel. Supposed to be a budget chain but you wouldn't know. Spotlessly clean and the staff are all very pleasant and helpful especially in the dining area and reception. Food excellent in terms of choice, taste and value. Free parking provided in the nearby Riverside multi-storey and bridge shortcut to the hotel. Well done!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Dear Poptician

Reviewed 17 September 2012

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and I will most certainly be using on a regular basis.

I have stayed in many hotels much more expensive and supposedly'quality' hotels but the Premier was actually better than any of these if all you want is a very clean comfortable room, top quality everday food and a frendly professional service.

We were so impressed at the price and the all round quality that we have decided to use Preniere Inn's for weekend breaks once a month at least.

Highly recommended indeed!