“Hemel Hempstead Central”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Bridport, United Kingdom
“Hemel Hempstead Central”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Wanted somewhere to stay to meet up with old school friends and their families. Hemel Hempstead Central is an excellent, well presented hotel in the heart of Hemel where we found Easy access to shopping, free parking and motorways. Although there was nothing specific in the way of entertainment on site, there was something for every age group within easy access. Thoroughly enjoyed my short stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
SharnieDayasena, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Caroline H,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear you find us well presented and excellent. I hope your friends are well, and hope you took great advantage of the shops so close by.
We do hope to see you again soon

Sharnie
Hemel Hempstead Central

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
cheshire
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Premier Inns are all very similar but each one does have pluses and minuses !! This hotel is really only reachable via a foot bridge from a shoppers car park it is free if you stay at the premier inn which is great but can be a bit of a fag carrying bags etc from car park -- but a minor worry especially as parking is free!! I have read a review further down about the heat in this hotel --the first night we stayed we had air con on full fan etc (husband is heating engineer so know we did everything we could) but room was so hot we could not sleep --my 12 yr old daughter was up gone 3.30 am as she was so uncomfortable --not ideal when needing to be up early the following day for Harry Potter!! The second night was slightly better having left window open all day but still not really conducive to a good nights sleep.We had paid in advanceso had no bill to pay-- I did mention it at check ou,t the lady apologised but that was the end of it !! so much for the guaranteed good sleep!! Though I have to say was not expecting anything else really.
The breakfast in this hotel is one of the best we have had in a premier Inn and the staff were unfailingly helpful and polite but there were some niggles --it was very hard to get served at the bar every time we were there --some kind of handover from reception to bar staff happens late afternoon which appears to cause some of this problem the other gripe I had was that we had booked 2 nights but on 2 separate bookings as second night was an afterthought we had to 're checkin' the following morning handing our keys in and being issued new ones I was amazed at this, how inconvenient!! that they could not marry up the booking on arrival Overall it was fine we were looked after well when someone was at the bar !! the reception staff were helpful ordering taxis etc and would probably stay again but would request they did something with the heating first!!

Room Tip: the low even numbered rooms --302 310 had nice views
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear alynCheshire,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, Your feedback serves as a great motivator to the team here at Hemel Hempstead Central and I will be sure to pass on your kind words. I am glad to hear you found our team unfailingly helpful and polite, but I do apologise about the heating we are checking up on this and are hoping this will be sorted out soon. I am also very glad you found thebreakfast in this hotel one of the best you have had in a Premier Inn.
We do hope to see you again

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The best Premier Inn we have stayed in and for the ridiculous low price the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Excellent staff and a lovely big clean room.
Downside was the skeleton staff over the New Year at the restaurant. The staff worked hard and it was certainly not their fault. The manager on duty January 1st was fantastic. He was working with a trainee and he really couldn't have done more.
Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear suitcase0810,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback serves as a great motivator to the team here at Hemel Hempstead Central and I will be sure to pass on your great words.
I do apologise to hear of your experience in the restaurant over the New Year, but i am glad to hear you found us the best hotel you have ever stayed in (with such a low price) with excellent staff and a lovely big clean room.
We do hope you stay again soon

Kind Regards,

Operations manager
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Such friendly staff - not always found on a Saturday evening check-in. Every one of the staff I met made me feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. I had a huge room to myself - maybe they were expecting Lennie Henry!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear weesas,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback serves as a great motivator to the team here at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central and I will be sure to pass on your kind words.
I am glad to hear you found our team friendly (even on a Saturday evening!)
We do hope to see you again soon

Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central
Kingston-upon-hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Possibly the best Premier Inn I have stayed at, excellent from the directions through the magic roundabout checking in was simple and pleasant the receptionist seem pleased to greet and answer questions. Room was larger than usual. Service at meal times very efficient

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear John S,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to hear you find our hotel the best Premier Inn you have stayed in!
We like to ensure all our guests know how to get to our free car park and about the tricky one way system and roundabout, I am glad you found this helpful.
I am also glad to find you found the receptionist pleasant, the restaurant team efficient and your room larger than usual.
We do hope we see you agagin soon

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very nice place to stay. My mum and I stayed over Christmas due to noisy, inconsiderate neighbours. Would have preferred a top floor room due to risk of noise from above but thankfully it was very quiet during our stay. They come into your room every day to change stuff, replenish things, etc...(although I chose to leave notice on door that it was not necessary as I'm a very tidy person). Would reccommend. We are staying in a nmuber of premier inns over the next few weeks. Great price as well. The best, deepest bath you'll ever have!! Councils/Housing associations take note. That is the bath you should be fitting. Security also very good. All done by card key. A lot easier to carry around in your wallet or purse. A++++++.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear 300M_H,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear your stay was quiet and that you found the bath tub to your liking, I am also happy to find you felt safe here with our key card security system.
We hope you stay again soon

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was our 1st visit to this particular premier ,Very welcoming and helpful receptionist, clean comfortable family room. We did not have the breakfast on this occasion as the hotel was close to many large shops, such as Debenhams, went to view the sales.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear paul779,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear you found our reception team welcoming and helpful and your room clean and comfortable. I do hope you got a good bargain in the sales.
We hope to see you again

Premier Inn Hemel Hemsptead Central