“Excellent location and stay”

Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Handy location central to shops and about 10 to 15 minute drive to Warner Brothers Studio for the Harry Potter tour. We booked two rooms, one for us and one for our two teenage daughters. Both rooms were a good size, spotlessly clean and comfortable.

We chose the meal deal package which included evening meal and buffet breakfast, food was good quality and service excellent. Exceptional value for the money, could not find fault with this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SharnieDayasena, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear dgothers,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear you found our rooms of good size, spotlessly clean and comfortable.
I am also glad to hear you found the food was of good quality and that our team provided excellent service.
I hope you had a good time at Harry Potter World.
We hope to see you again.

Sharnie

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Wanted somewhere to stay to meet up with old school friends and their families. Hemel Hempstead Central is an excellent, well presented hotel in the heart of Hemel where we found Easy access to shopping, free parking and motorways. Although there was nothing specific in the way of entertainment on site, there was something for every age group within easy access. Thoroughly enjoyed my short stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Caroline H,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear you find us well presented and excellent. I hope your friends are well, and hope you took great advantage of the shops so close by.
We do hope to see you again soon

Kind regards

Sharnie

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Premier Inns are all very similar but each one does have pluses and minuses !! This hotel is really only reachable via a foot bridge from a shoppers car park it is free if you stay at the premier inn which is great but can be a bit of a fag carrying bags etc from car park -- but a minor worry especially as parking is free!! I have read a review further down about the heat in this hotel --the first night we stayed we had air con on full fan etc (husband is heating engineer so know we did everything we could) but room was so hot we could not sleep --my 12 yr old daughter was up gone 3.30 am as she was so uncomfortable --not ideal when needing to be up early the following day for Harry Potter!! The second night was slightly better having left window open all day but still not really conducive to a good nights sleep.We had paid in advanceso had no bill to pay-- I did mention it at check ou,t the lady apologised but that was the end of it !! so much for the guaranteed good sleep!! Though I have to say was not expecting anything else really.
The breakfast in this hotel is one of the best we have had in a premier Inn and the staff were unfailingly helpful and polite but there were some niggles --it was very hard to get served at the bar every time we were there --some kind of handover from reception to bar staff happens late afternoon which appears to cause some of this problem the other gripe I had was that we had booked 2 nights but on 2 separate bookings as second night was an afterthought we had to 're checkin' the following morning handing our keys in and being issued new ones I was amazed at this, how inconvenient!! that they could not marry up the booking on arrival Overall it was fine we were looked after well when someone was at the bar !! the reception staff were helpful ordering taxis etc and would probably stay again but would request they did something with the heating first!!

Room Tip: the low even numbered rooms --302 310 had nice views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear alynCheshire,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, Your feedback serves as a great motivator to the team here at Hemel Hempstead Central and I will be sure to pass on your kind words. I am glad to hear you found our team unfailingly helpful and polite, but I do apologise about the heating we are checking up on this and are hoping this will be sorted out soon. I am also very glad you found thebreakfast in this hotel one of the best you have had in a Premier Inn.
We do hope to see you again

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The best Premier Inn we have stayed in and for the ridiculous low price the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Excellent staff and a lovely big clean room.
Downside was the skeleton staff over the New Year at the restaurant. The staff worked hard and it was certainly not their fault. The manager on duty January 1st was fantastic. He was working with a trainee and he really couldn't have done more.
Thank you.

Dear suitcase0810,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback serves as a great motivator to the team here at Hemel Hempstead Central and I will be sure to pass on your great words.
I do apologise to hear of your experience in the restaurant over the New Year, but i am glad to hear you found us the best hotel you have ever stayed in (with such a low price) with excellent staff and a lovely big clean room.
We do hope you stay again soon

Kind Regards,

Operations manager
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Such friendly staff - not always found on a Saturday evening check-in. Every one of the staff I met made me feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. I had a huge room to myself - maybe they were expecting Lennie Henry!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear weesas,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback serves as a great motivator to the team here at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central and I will be sure to pass on your kind words.
I am glad to hear you found our team friendly (even on a Saturday evening!)
We do hope to see you again soon

Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Possibly the best Premier Inn I have stayed at, excellent from the directions through the magic roundabout checking in was simple and pleasant the receptionist seem pleased to greet and answer questions. Room was larger than usual. Service at meal times very efficient

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to hear you find our hotel the best Premier Inn you have stayed in!
We like to ensure all our guests know how to get to our free car park and about the tricky one way system and roundabout, I am glad you found this helpful.
I am also glad to find you found the receptionist pleasant, the restaurant team efficient and your room larger than usual.
We do hope we see you agagin soon

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very nice place to stay. My mum and I stayed over Christmas due to noisy, inconsiderate neighbours. Would have preferred a top floor room due to risk of noise from above but thankfully it was very quiet during our stay. They come into your room every day to change stuff, replenish things, etc...(although I chose to leave notice on door that it was not necessary as I'm a very tidy person). Would reccommend. We are staying in a nmuber of premier inns over the next few weeks. Great price as well. The best, deepest bath you'll ever have!! Councils/Housing associations take note. That is the bath you should be fitting. Security also very good. All done by card key. A lot easier to carry around in your wallet or purse. A++++++.

Dear 300M_H,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear your stay was quiet and that you found the bath tub to your liking, I am also happy to find you felt safe here with our key card security system.
We hope you stay again soon

Kind regards