“Housekeeping too early”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
London, United Kingdom
“Housekeeping too early”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I didnt display a Do Not Disturn sign on my door. but 2 attempts were made to get into my room at 9:30 & 10:30 and 'Housekeeping' shouted. This is too early. Especially surely they can check who has checked out. The hearing a vaccuum cleaner at 10:00 on a Sunday morning is not nice with a hangover.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
North East England
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

And it took me 6 times to get through to their reception. After a six and a half hour drive this did not go down well.

I then had to walk over a walkway in the pouring rain. Got soaking wet as it was not a covered walkway.

Room was a normal Premier Inn room. Got down to bar and was told I could not put a drink on my room so had to trail back up to my room for my purse. Might sound trivial but after a long long drive it was not what I needed.

That night I got no sleep due to a family with young children being on the same floor. I asked the next morning to be moved if the family were staying a second night. They were and expected my room to have already been moved when I got back. It was not. I had to do it for myself when I got back from a very long day. One of the staff did help me.

The food was mediocre too.

The saving grace for this hotel were the staff. They helped were they could.

• Stayed February 2014
Hod Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed 16 March 2014

It was a quick 2 days business trip. During that stay the internet connection didn't work so i couldn't work within the room/hotel.
Reception was far from kindness.
Rooms are good and clean like the rest of the hotel. BF was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that we will investigate the Wifi service with our service provider and get this matter fully resolved. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Excellent stay. Clean room , bed, bathroom. Comfortable bed. Good food.
excellent service. Always stay there as the value for money is very good. Have tried other places but the Premier Inn at Hemel Hempstead Central beats the rest into touch! It's also right next to Debenhams and Next and Marks & Spencers are within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
SharnieDayasena, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Alice E,

Thank you for your taking your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your feedback serves as a great mativator to the team here at Hemel Hempstead Central and I will be sure to pass on your kind words.
I am glad to hear you found our rooms clean and comfortable, that you enjoyed the food and that you found us to give excellent service.
We look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards

Barcelona
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is in a very convenient location in Hemel Hempstead although it's not a very nice town.
Breakfast is good, but little boring if you stay several days. There are a couple of restaurants next to the hotel (Pizza Express is one of them) and the hotel restaurant is good enough too.

Toilets in the rooms looked little old, but the rooms are nice.

It's a pitty they don't offer free access to internet, only 30 minutes per day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
SharnieDayasena, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Genis D,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. All feedback we recieve is greatly appreciated.
I am glad you found our breakfast good, our hotel in a convenient location and our rooms nice.
We hope you stay again soon

Kind Regards

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed for one night in this hotel - the room was good and clean, beds were excellent, nice and clean bathroom. Staff was helpful (the heater was not easy to adjust and one of the ladies from the reception came into my room and she set it as I wanted).
Wifi is for free only for 30 minutes/ day. Breakfast was pretty far from what I would expect for a decent breakfast (few options for choosing) - I wouldn't pay in advance for the breakfast in my future stays in this hotel.
All in all, I had a good experience - and excellent sleep in a central area of the town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SharnieDayasena, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Ariana_Vacaretu,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor, we appreciate all feedback we recieve.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the room to be good and clean, an excellent bed and a nice and clean bathroom. I am sorry to hear you had a problem with your heater but happy to hear a member of our reception team were helpful and set it for you.
I am also happy to hear you had an excellent sleep in the central area of our town.
We do hope you stay again

Kind Regards
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Please read my profile for my biases.

Okay, I feel kind of like a cad for giving this hotel a "3" when nearly 1500 of my fellow travelers rate it much higher. I am reminded of that xkcd webcomic where in Internet review parlance, a 5 star rating means one review, 4.5 stars is good and anything less sucks. For me this was an "average" stay and I don't mean that in a bad way, but I can't give it any higher based on comparable experiences.

First the upside: I like this hotel. The rooms are large and well appointed for a "budget" or "value" hotel. There was room to move around and there was a nice sofa/chaise up next to the window. The bed is on rollers and I accidentally bumped it and moved it quiet a distance, but then I noticed that the wheels allow for easy cleaning under the bed and I don't think I've been in a hotel that didn't have some form of dust up near the headboard.

The hotel bar was nice and I enjoyed my breakfast choices. It was wonderfully located for my business meetings along with lots of restaurant options in the area.

The downside: The room was too hot. I turned on the air con unit in the corner to its coldest setting. I opened the window. I did both. But for every night for almost a week I'd go to bed only to wake up early in the morning sweating. The shower was also a bit fickle. It could go from comfortable to scalding to tepid in seconds.

I did tell the front desk about the temperature issues, but they never followed up and the air con's performance didn't change.

It is because I didn't sleep well (which affected my performance in my business meetings) that I have to give this hotel an average rating. Still, with limited options in the area, if I return I'll still consider the Premier Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sortova
SharnieDayasena, Manager at Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Sortova,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor, Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Firstly I would like to apologise because you didnt sleep well due to our aircon system. This will be looked in to as well as the shower facilities.
I would like to say I am glad you found your room to be large and well appointed, and that you liked your breakfast (all you can eat).
I do hope you stay again, we will look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards