“looks amazing from the outside but not the same on the inside”

Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Middlesex
“looks amazing from the outside but not the same on the inside”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend last year and did have a great time but it would appear they have a new part of the hotel and an old and we were in the old. The room was ok, had an ipod, was clean but a bit decoration a bit dated. The restaurant was lovely and the food was great. The staff were all polite

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessie s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Once again we had a wonderful time at the Boxmoor Lodge. On this visit we had room 21 which is a 4 poster-bed room and very spacious whilst still being cosy. The Boxmoor Lodge is a very tranquil and peaceful place to stay - we particularly enjoy sitting in the small patio area with the charming water feature which is a perfect sun-trap. The restuarant food is wonderful and beautifully-presented, a real treat! We cannot praise the fiendly staff enough, nothing is too much trouble. Our regular little haven and retreat!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Myself and my wife cathy had our reception at this hotel and its is where to start. The rooms are of an excellent standard and we would have no problem in staying in these again or recommending them to anyone we knew as they are of a high standard,we had our wedding reception in the marquee and everyone that's over a hundred guest over the day had the most memorable day and all commented on how fantastic the venue was & how they had a fantastic day. the staff excellent & and all work hard making this day special thank you. The food was fantastic and we couldn't have asked for anything more it tasted delicious,we also had the hog roast in the evening which everyone loved. In the mornings the breakfast was excellent and plentiful. over all thank you mark for making our wedding day the most fantastic & memorable day for us' organizing it all and the smooth running of it .myself and cathy and our guest all said that the work you and your staff did was fantastic and of a very high standard and they should all feel proud in making it a day we will never forget as we didn't want it to end thank you for all the help and support that you gave us in making our day special.

kenny & cathy

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kenneth_mains
North Wales
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here to attend a family funeral.

The hotel looks quite quaint, set out as separate little terraced cottages around a square. On opening our door we were surprised to find a four-poster bed! Don't get too excited, it was made of horrible veneered stuff. The bed was beautifully comfortable, though.

The room was very well-equipped. with a chair and comfortable sofa. There was an ron and ironing board in the ward-robe.

Bathroom looked a little dated, but was warm and clean.

We intended to have a drink in the bar when we came back at 10ish, but it was dead. The girl behind the bar was happy for us to take a drink to our room.

Breakfast cannot be faulted; it was ample and delicious.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We used this as a base to travel into London to see the sights. Train was a few minutes walk and easy to get into the city.
Hotel is not bad with nice rooms very clean and friendly people.
Room we had was a family room with a pull out couch and you could not open the door with the couch pulled out.
We were also ground floor so could not open the window to let air in and it was very stuffy at night. Gave me a headache . - Ask for a higher floor for sure. I am sure it would be safe here with the window open but on my own with the kids I did not want to risk it.
I also think more tv channels would be good too.
Breakfast was nice with good coffee.
Compared to London prices this did the trick but

• Stayed July 2011
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

My wife and I booked in on Friday 17th June met with a smile and given the key to a disabled room (as my wife is in a wheelchair) room was clean and tidy and the wet room en-suite was fanastic it did however lack a stool for my wife to sit on but this was delivered straight away. We ate in the conservatory resturant that evening and the food was incredible I have not had a steak cooked to prefection for as far back as I can remember and the meal the following evening was just as good.
The staff were extremely friendly and very helpfull regarding the wife's access to the resturant and bar area. Would love to stay again if and when we are in that part of the country. Well done Boxmoor Lodge

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2011

This family-run Hotel is very friendly and welcoming. On our return journey we had experienced a major problem (nothing to do with the Hotel) and they couldn't have been more helpful). I had developed food poisoning at a family reunion and the Boxmoor cooked me something plain and simple that I could digest which was not on the menu, at no extra cost, and couldn't have been kinder or more concerned.

Their bijou lounge bar is very cosy and welcoming and my partner proposed to me over a pre-dinner glass of wine!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple