Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
The Watermill Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)
US$115
Shendish Manor Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$74
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$89
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
US$57
Travelodge
Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gateway(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
Two Brewers Hotel(Chipperfield)
US$70
All reviewsconservatory restaurantfull englishfishery innfour poster bedsunday luncha great place to staytrain stationchain hotelsbirthday celebrationlovely surroundingsrooms are comfortablegreat showerfamily roomwedding receptionlovely hotelstayed for one nightbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

What an expensive stay for a mediocre room where the little things were not taken into account. Such as lightbulbs nit working, both bedside lights connected to one switch so both on or off. And the noise ...., frequent trains passing on the railway line and the noisiest party in the hotel. Not what we bargained for particularly at such a hefty price per night!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Wibble111
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Hiya

I had read good reviews and so was expecting a good experience - maybe mine is a one off but certainly it was more than I bargained for.

The staff were ok but I thought the place was abit shabby and in need of TLC. I checked into my room which was old and dark. I stayed 1 night and whilst the room was basic it was functional. I went for breakfast (which was relaly nice although the service wasnt great - there was a lrage wedding party in and I was largely ignored!). The horror came when I returned to my room after breakfast to find ants!!! There were hundreds of them just crawwling out of the door frame to the ensuite!!! I grabbed my things and threw them in the car and went to warn the hotel manager. He wasnt around but when I told the girl on reception I expected her to be horrified but in fact she wasnt suprised - they have had a problem before. I know this couldnt be foreseen but if they have an issue they need to close off the room until its sorted properly.

I wont stay there again and would suggest travellers are wary unless they have had pest control in!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CheshireGill_11
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Good size and clean rooms, very comfy bed with crisp linen and fluffy towels, very friendly and efficient staff (more than happy to serve us a good night tipple when we got back from our event at 01.30am...) and an excellent fresh, hot breakfast. For about the same cost as a Premier Inn, i don't think you can go far wrong here. 5 minutes walk to the station and another 10 into the town centre. I've stayed several times as it's local to my business, so thought it about time I reviewed them! Always excellent value. Very impressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy-S60
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel was relatively clean however there was a definite problem with ants crawling all around the conservatory both mornings at breakfast - including on the table. Rooms were spacious and staff friendly but the ants were a bit concerning. Very conveniently placed near Hemel Hempstead railway station meaning a 27 minute journey to London Euston - ideal.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night in December. Although the rooms were small they were well equipped. The hotel was just a couple of minutes walk from the harvester restaurant where we ate dinner. We had breakfast at the hotel and it was very good. If I needed to stay in the area again I would stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011