Lowest prices for your stay
£59
Get rewarded with One Key
£54
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews full english home from home great shower stayed for one night cooked breakfast breakfast was excellent whipsnade zoo main road lovely hotel lovely room yogurt excellent value for money hemel harvester venue funeral euston
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2023

An excellent base from which to explore the area (and do the Harry Potter tour at Warner Bros Studios just down the road)!!
This was the primary reason for booking here for a week, but we're so glad we did because the place overall is wonderful, a comfortable little home from home, warm & cosy!
Yes, there are little things that have escaped the notice of housekeeping but they're only minor and do not detract from the overall experience of warmth & comfort. The cooked breakfasts are the stuff of legend, and although they're charged as extra because the default breakfast is continental style, they are worth the extra nominal cost! You won't want anything more til later in the day.
All in all an excellent stay and one we intend to repeat!!

Room tip: None, just relax & enjoy people!!
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank caravanaficionado61
Reviewed 30 August 2023

We have been going to Boxmoor Lodge several times a year since 2021 and have always had excellent service. The rooms are well appointed, clean and warm in the winter. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and the breakfast suits us down to the ground.
Recently, we requested a room on the spur of the moment, but Boxmoor Lodge was fully booked, so we had to go to another hotel. The room there was cramped, it was noisy at night, there were queues for breakfast which was inferior to BL, the staff were rushed off their feet, and it cost more than twice that of Boxmoor Lodge. This showed the difference between a well run family hotel and a large chain one.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed 27 August 2023 via mobile

This used to be such a lovely hotel but now it’s more like a motel. We had an upstairs room which was very tired and dated. It’s self check in which is fine. Near a busy main road so sleep quality not great. Really needs modernising and updating - price wise their are other hotels in the area which offer better quality accommodation. The free breakfast is limited and the paid for cooked was nice. So would recommend the paid for option. Parking is fine and free and walking distance to the train station. No evening meals provided or bar. We were sad the see the state this place has got into and it’s clear no investment in keeping it updated has been made in years.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank DebbieG1
Reviewed 1 June 2023

I stayed for 2 nights at Boxmoor Lodge with my mum.

I was taken ill on the first night with a 24 hour gastric bug, and spent the entire second day in bed (or on the loo) feeling pretty sorry for myself.

The staff were so thoughtful and helpful. I really appreciated the apple juice, water, extra loo rolls and bleach!!!

The offer to allow us to extend our stay if needed was also really kind.

Fortunately we didn't need it.

I'd happily revisit Boxmoor Lodge, mum said the bacon sandwich at breakfast was great, but I was too poorly to try it myself.

Maybe next time...

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank shannon H
Reviewed 30 May 2023

This place is a wee gem and only a five minute walk from the train station. There are beautiful walkways on the doorstep and a cracking pub (The Fishery) is also only a five minute walk. Accommodation is pretty basic but very clean. The breakfast was excellent, and included continental and cooked breakfast options. I enjoyed the best scrambled eggs!

Thank you to Andrew, Catherine and team for looking after me so well. It was a difficult time for me as I was attending the funeral of very dear friend but your care and attention was much appreciated, including booking taxis and checking in on me.

Thank you so much!