1,022 results
All reviewsgolf courseafternoon teanew winglovely groundsgolf breakgolf cluborangery restaurantsconesbridal suitelovely hotelwedding breakfastwedding venuecourse dinnerfour posterwedding receptionlovely roomchristmas party
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Shendish is a a fantastic setting set in its own mature gardens. I took the whole family out for afternoon and we all had a lovely time.The staff were really attentive and the afternoon tea was really yummy. The only downside was the additional pounds added with home made scones with fresh cream.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Came for afternoon tea with a small group of friends and was very impressed.

The selection of food was vast and there was plenty of it. It was all very fresh and the homemade scones were delicious.

Service was also very good
and not to invasive but were
there if you needed anything.

It was good value for money and I will definitely be back.!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I had our wedding on Saturday and cannot find a single fault. We had the most perfect day, in a perfect setting which was made even better by how hard the staff work to make sure everything runs like clockwork and they genuinely are the most caring and hard working people I have come across. The venue itself is stunning, clean and the food is of the highest quality. Would strongly recommend this venue and would rate it 10/10. Truly outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I got married at Shendish last sunday and I couldn't hope for a better place than Shendish Manor Hotel.
To be honest i had a specific idea how my big day should be and Laura (event coordinator) was absolutely brilliant and very professionnal. The team on the day were very friendly and helpful. When I need a little help without 5 min someone came.
None of our guests could actually complains about something. the food was excellent ( thanks to the chef) and the staff were very nice and smiley. a special Thanks to Petronela who runs our day so nicely and it really make a big difference to me.

I would definitely recommend this place to do any kind of events as they are easy to deal with, very accomodate and the place is stunning. We had our ceremony in the garden and dinner in the Orangery restaurant. Sadly I can't get married again )hopefully) but considering birthday party or other family events...). I need to mention that I live abroad so I had to organise my wedding from abroad which can be quiet tricky but Shendish Manor did help me a lot and the planning was easy in the end.

No need to mention the bridal suite is lovely and very quiet hotel in general.

Room Tip: manor rooms are very nice and in the new wing as well but make sure in the new wing that you don't pick the room with a "wallview"
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business in the more modern part of the hotel room 37. It is set in lovely grounds with what I am told is a very good golf course.

I would sum it up by saying the room was very quiet but disappointing. It looked very tired and the bed was just okay rather than good. The bathroom was fine but it could do with investment.

The public areas are nice. The dinner I had was good but the portions were not the most generous. The drinks are pricey as you would probably expect.

The breakfast I would describe as just okay and again a bit disappointing.

The service I thought was poor. When ordering drinks with meals it felt like it took forever.

What was the most disappointing was the service I received when I told the hotel at 7am that there was no hot water. The reaction was oh. Hmm. The maintence nan will be in shortly - about 40 minutes. It turned out the boiler stopped for my side of the hotel. They didn't really come across as being very sorry that I had to have a freezing cold shower!

This hotel could be fantastic. It is just a shame that the service is not what it could be and it is a little tired.

• Stayed: August 2013